BIOS SMART HDD error

Hello, so I recently RMA’d my drive, a WD Gold 2TB (2005FBYZ-01YCBB2) for an issue.
Now my replacement drive is doing the same thing. When I boot my computer, I have SMART monitoring enabled in the BIOS, and it says HDD SMART ERROR. I can boot up just fine, and that’s the whole reason I RMA’d this drive in the first place. The drive passed an extended test using WD DataLifeguard. I am wondering if anyone else experienced this?

what motherboard are you using?

and what cpu?

The system has the following specs (sorry should have listed them before) Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard (REV 2.1) with latest BIOS version. AMD Phenom II X6 1090T CPU, 6 core, 6 thread @ stock 3.2Ghz.

There is zero connection to the smart error because of your CPU or your motherboard especially when you have working drives from different manufacturers.

You want to really read the smart error messages you need to use something that reads the S.M.A.R.T data stores on the hard drive

I use smarttools in Linux

but there is many Microsoft programs that are free. and I think the westerndigital tools in downloads does too have not used it in a long while. https://www.howtogeek.com/134735/how-to-see-if-your-hard-drive-is-dying/

The signs of failure would be the “Reallocated_Sector_Ct” and “Current_Pending_Sector” for me in my experience
( Smart - Wikipedia. ) but saying this is a waste clearly something has already failed.

If you do this please post your results because its interesting to see what fails.

I still seem to think vegan is a bot. I could be wrong it could be a real person but just a NPC

Sorry, been busy with school and whatnot. I’ll post some screenshots later today.