Better video aspect adjustment

I know that WDLive is capable of zooming the video content, but, you don’t have enough control over it.

If your media is 4:3 and you need to fill a 16:9 screen, by the time you get it to fill to the sides by using the + button, the top and bottom of movie is well off the screen.

Would it be possible to have seperate controls for side to side, and top to bottom stretching?  Or, even a preset that you could click that would stretch the content to 16:9 or even 14:9?

Thanks for your consideration.

1 Like

That would then be a ‘distortion’ control. That sort of thing is normally on your TV.

richUK wrote:

That would then be a ‘distortion’ control. That sort of thing is normally on your TV.

I also use XBMC on the Apple TV. It has an option in the configuration to automatically fit 4:3 conetnt to your screen

using a predetermined option ie: 16:9, 14:9, Zoom…etc. Pretty slick.

Or, you can bring up the OSD (like the WD Live ‘Options’ button), and do the same thing individually if you prefer.

Even nicer is that it ‘remembers’ your setting so next time you play that movie, it is already setup! A bit much for WD Live, but I think the optional setting in the OSD would be do-able… Just a thought to make it (IMHO) better.

One last thing…

In the Pictures section config., it allows you to tell WD Live to ‘fill the screen’ with the picture.

That is all I would like to do with the 4:3 content.

JDizzy wrote:

One last thing…

In the Pictures section config., it allows you to tell WD Live to ‘fill the screen’ with the picture.

That is all I would like to do with the 4:3 content.

I would also like to see this implemented into the WDLive

I bought the WD TV Live recently.

For the present, I have only a non-HD 4:3 CRT TV yet, so I have to use the composite RCA AV output.

But in this case the picture is distorted (photos and videos).

Look at this:

These vertical lines should be straight.

[deleted - not downloading]

How can I correct this distortion failure?

(In my TV’s settings there isn’t an option like this.)

1 Like

Gotta wait for the moderators to approve the Pic.

I put a direkt link for the picture into my previous post.

Yeah, the vertical lines SHOULD be straight, but it’s not at all unusual for composite-based CRTs to distort like that, particularly in high contrast images like you’re displaying.  

It your TV.

I would not like an affirmation in connection with my detection, but an useful solution for this problem. Anyway it exists with low contrast pictures, videos too.

Or tell me, if there is not a solution, please.

Anybody else?

well it eiher the output of your WDTV which you can do nothing about or its your TV. It is possible to adjust on the TV  but not by the user. Its either via a hidden service menu or by controls on the back or inside the television.

My Sony Bravia EX-400 has the options:

1. Full Screen

2. Zoom

3. Wide Zoom

and they just works fine to automatically adjust the picture to 16:9.

Faisal.