Best way to RAID(5,10) 4 disks, 2 with 128mb and 2 256mb cache

Hi, as in the title, I have two 8tb disks with 128mb cache each and 2 8tb disks with 256mb each. Is there a real advantage on the 256mb disks? And if so, what would be the best way to take erhm advantage of these faster disks in a RAID configuration. I could do the obvious 2 + 2 in RAID1 each pair and one of the pairs would be faster; but how to take advantage of them (faster disks) in RAID 5 or RAID 10? Would there be an advantage with the faster disks or they simply would be wasted and everything would operate at the lowest speed regardless of configuration? How would you configure them in RAID 5 or 10 to get the best performance (that’s the real question)? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I personally thinks that the 2 + 2 Raid 1 will be the best option since you have different drives.

Let’s see what the other users can share about this.

Thank you, I haven’t put much thought but yes I inclining towards that. Though RAID 10 offers stripping which is supposed to be faster so maybe it’s good enough. But I’m really interested in hearing other solutions. Thanks again.

So raid 5 is bad