Best way to mark watched shows?

I just ditched my AppleTV2 for a WD TV LIVE.  The main reason I did this is because I basically only watch media from my NAS drive and because the ATV needed to be hacked to do that, after a while, it sort of got boogered up and would not stream smoothly plus, forget 1080 content.  stutter city.

Anyhow, I’m very new to this box but it seems to work extremely well doing what I do with it.  One thing I do miss however, is looking at a show’s episodes and seeing which have been watched.  ATV did this with a blue circle next to the episode title.  XBMC used a check mark.  I see that in certain views, there is a little circle that is half full after I watch something.  I suppose that is WD’s method.  I’m not a fan of it though.  plus I can’t mark episodes as watched, etc…

I don’t want to ask too much of a 99 dollar box but, is this just a shortcumming/design of the stock theme?  Would I have a different experience if I used another theme such as Mojo? I’m guessing Mojo is the DeFacto alternative theme for this machine?  well designed, works correctly, etc?

Advice?

Thanks!

It’d probably be just as quick starting the vid, then immediately stopping it, thus marking it watched.

vertigoat wrote:

I just ditched my AppleTV2 for a WD TV LIVE.  The main reason I did this is because I basically only watch media from my NAS drive and because the ATV needed to be hacked to do that, after a while, it sort of got boogered up and would not stream smoothly plus, forget 1080 content.  stutter city.

Even when jailbreaked and on XBMC?

Yeah, I did it a couple ways.  Once with just XBMC and the other I bought ATVflash and used that for a while.  they both felt “forced”.  ATV just wasnt meant to stream network attached content.  It worked decent after a fresh jailbreak but who wants to restore and re-jailbreak a box every 6 months? 

I bought it for 99 bucks, sold it yesterday on ebay for 190 bucks and bought the WD for 99.  nice trade huh?