Best Way to Delete and Move SmartWare Files

In order to free up space on my EX2100, I’d like to delete SmartWare directories/files that are no longer needed for three of the four PCs I had been backing up on my home network. I thought I’d be able to do this by logging into the MyCloud web GUI (http://www.mycloud.com) with my admin credentials, but the SmartWare share isn’t visible even though the admin user has read/write access to the SmartWare share.

If I do the delete operation from one of the Windows PCs on the network (using File Explorer), it takes a very long time to identify and delete the files; e.g., one backup that was ~70GB, took ~12 hours to finish. If it weren’t for the one backup that I want to keep, I’d just delete the SmartWare share altogether, which it looks like I can do directly from the Admin GUI (http://wdmycloudex2100/). Right now, I’m trying to move the backup I want to keep to another share, but Windows tells me that it will take more than a day (it’s moved only about 5% of the files after a couple of hours).

Is there a better way to do these kinds of operations?

I dug around a little bit more in the forum and found discussions about SSH. I’ve enabled SSH in the Network settings fo my EX2100, created a password, and SSHd into it from a Windows command prompt as user sshd. I’m not Linux savvy and know just enough to be dangerous, so I’m hesitant to do anything without some guidance. Here’s what my SmartWare share looks like (one PC has already been deleted via Windows and actual PC names have been changed).

root@WDMyCloudEX2100 / # cd shares/SmartWare/WD\ SmartWare.swstor/
root@WDMyCloudEX2100 WD SmartWare.swstor # ls -ltr
drwxrwxrwx 3 admin share 4096 Feb 16 14:27 PC01
drwxrwxrwx 3 admin share 4096 Feb 16 14:44 PC02
drwxrwxrwx 3 nobody share 4096 Feb 17 09:02 PC03

What I’m looking to do is delete the PC01 and PC02 directory/files and move PC03 under the LinuxBackup share shown below.

root@WDMyCloudEX2100 /shares # ls -ltr
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 Feb 9 09:47 LinuxBackup → /mnt/HD/HD_a2/LinuxBackup

Is it as easy as using rm and mv commands or is there more to it?

Thanks for any advice.

In case anyone finds themselves in a similar situation, it would appear as though the answer is yes.