Best thing since sliced bread

This is a smart idea to access your photos on the NAS instead of loading them up on the Iphone.  The only complaint, if you can call it that, is that I have about 19,000 photos on the NAS and it has been creating the thumbnails for almost a day and is still not finished.  I don’t see the new photos until I refresh the cache.  It seems to be writing these thumbnails in a folder named .transcodingdb under the NAS Public folder.  It seems to create a new entry in this folder every time you refresh the cache.  Besides that, this application works beautifully and is well worth 100 times what I paid for it.  OOPS, I forgot it was free.

Now for a suggestion.  How about a similar application to access my Itunes collection on the NAS.  It would be helpful to be able to play any song stored on MY Book World from anywhere in the world.  Just a thought.

I don’t have quite as many pictures as you do. It took a couple of days to get all my pictures ready. It’s not only creating thumbnails, but scaling the pictures down so they fit the iPhone’s screen. The scaling takes time. Once it’s done with all your pictures, it should stop, but it might take a few days to go through 19,000 pictures.