Best firmware

I’m tired of the fw 1.03.01. The frame-rate is unacceptable, the longer mkvs slowing down etc etc. Also tired of people keep asking if  WD is working on some new firmware or not and WD guys just **bleep**ting on our heads. 

Anyways, I decided to downgrade. This will be it’s last chance. If it isn’t working, I’m gonna throw the thing out and forget the brand Western Digital for ever (I probably will anyway)!

What was the best firmware you ever used on GEN1?

Oohh, c’mooon. No1? Really? Community, huhh?

Well **bleep** WD, **bleep** it’s “community”, **bleep** your **bleep**ty gadget… Ohh, and **bleep** your beeps too!!

Since there’s been no replies, maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.  They may know how you can downgrade the firmware.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

lol.

Well, thank you Bill, but I know exactly, how to downgrade. I just wanted to know, which one was the best so far. And I’m not interested about the official WD opinion on the subject :slight_smile:

Interesting that Bill would even suggest that because after reading what other people have said about customer support’s opinion on the matter, downgrading isn’t supported.

Just so everyone reading this is clear…because now we have conflicting information from WD…customer support wouldn’t even help you with this.

Well, even to refer them as “support” is a serious overstatement IMO. But please, forget about them!

Since they doesn’t seem willing to release new firmwares for Gen 1 anymore, the only thing I want to know is this:

Witch one was the best (least crappy) firmware before 1.03.01? (The framerate issue came with this last one I guess)

Hi, please tell me how to downgrade.
I think 1.03 fw was the worst  update

Sure, if you answer my question first :slight_smile: Ehh whatever…

• Download the older firmware to your computer
  • Uncompress the firmware ZIP file to the root folder of a memory stick or hard disk: there are 2 files wdtv.ver and wdtv.bin
  • Open file “wdtv.ver” with notepad
    • Change VERSION=‘1.xx.xx’  to  VERSION=‘1.05.00’ (or any number higher than the current version installed)
  • Perform the normal firmware upgrade procedure
    • Plug the USB memory or disk into the WD TV, which will recognize a new firmware (because 1.05.00 is higher than e.g. 1.01.02)
    • Press HOME, and then select the Settings bar.
    • Select the firmware upgrade icon, and then press ENTER.
    • You are prompted to perform the firmware upgrade.
  • When done, the WDTV (system menu “About”) will report the correct firmware version, not the fake version you wrote in “wdtv.ver”