Best external hard drive

Hello everyone I’m new here and would like some help. I’m looking to purchase a new external hard drive about 4TB or 8TB and was wondering if anyone had any advice on which to buy… Also I’m trying to just connect it straight to the live hub if I can… Thanks for the help

If you are referring to hard drives bays, I have read that they do not work well with the WD TV, normally the WD TV only recognize the first drive.

Hondo wrote:
 I’m looking to purchase a new external hard drive about 4TB or 8TB and was wondering if anyone had any advice on which to buy…

Well first off, welcome to the community my friend!!

I think you may be confused!  Commercial externals dont come in the sizes your asking for.  You can format an NAS to fit a specific drive size ike what was mentioned already  but in order to achieve 4-8tb storage, you would have to spread that space over a few separate HD’s.  Good Luck, and happy streaming!!

1 Like

Any guide on how to do that? Thanks for your help and for welcoming me to the site

I’ve currently asked WD to test their large ‘dual’ RAID drives.

See:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/Has-anyone-used-a-WDTV-Live-and-My-Book-Studio-6tb/td-p/264292 

I’ll let you know how we get on.

Steve W