Basic WDTV Live Hub Question!

Hi,

Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere but I can’t find an answer to what is probably a fairly basic query…

I have a WDTV LIVE HUB in my sitting room and it’s connected to my router and so is accessible wirelessly around my apartment. I want to be able to access it on my bedroom TV without moving the box. My bedroom TV is not a smart TV or anything so I need something else I guess. Is WDTV PLAY the solution for me? If so, how will that work? Will it wirelessly be able to access my network and therefore the content of the HUB?

Thanks!

fergal_h wrote:

Hi,

Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere but I can’t find an answer to what is probably a fairly basic query…

I have a WDTV LIVE HUB in my sitting room and it’s connected to my router and so is accessible wirelessly around my apartment. I want to be able to access it on my bedroom TV without moving the box. My bedroom TV is not a smart TV or anything so I need something else I guess. Is WDTV PLAY the solution for me? If so, how will that work? Will it wirelessly be able to access my network and therefore the content of the HUB?

Thanks!

I have a WDTV Live Streaming Media Player (SMP) connected to my bedroom tv and it works fine using the files from my hub connected to router in sitting room. Streams wirelessly with no problems.

Cheers

I have a Raspberry Pi(with Wi-Fi dongle)  connected to my bedroom TV which the WDTV Live Hub streams to without any problems

Also have a Android Tablet which the WDTV Live Hub streams to as well without any problems.

Playstation 3 in the game room which the WDTV Live Hub streams to as well without any problems

So, the advertised “Multi Room Streaming for the WDTV Live Hub” works great :smiley:

The WDTV PLAY will work (because it’s DLNA compliant, as is the HUB) but personally

i would spend the extra cash and get a WDTV Live Streaming Media Player (SMP)

if you need MPEG-2 support. (the PLAY does not have MPEG-2 support)

Thanks guys!

Play also does not support DTS