Bad blocks in factory new 3d SSD 1tb WD SATA

What is the explanation for a brand new SSD SATA 3D TLC 1TB WD Solid State Drive showing Bad sectors, as a matter of fact a whopping 687 Bad sectors (SMART data (ID 169) from WD dash board, and other utilities too), when the drive was showing power on counts to zero when first installed?

The drive had SMART data initialized prior to my first power on and therefore it was tested at the factory and the SMART data obtained.

687 bad blocks represent only 0.033% of 2064258 total blocks (16383cilinders2heads63sectors/cilinder).

Is it that 0.033% of bad blocks is considered ok at the factory and then the quality control allows that thing to pass? Because I’m about to send back my drive to amazon down to that, and I am wondering whether i’d receive another drive with high bad sector count. I kind of expect zero bad blocks from factory.

Can someone tell whether this is normal and I should just go on with the drive? I don’t want to deal with possible other issues that might be making the SSD to show bad sectors without even have been used (or formated yet).

thanks…