Backup & Sync -

Hello -

I have hooked the My Book 1TB unit to my windows xp machine.  It has backup all my data - cool.  If I delete many of my folders / files on my C:\My Documents will the backed up data on the My Book stay intact? My hard drive was slap full so I need to remove data.  I just don’t want the unit to look and think it needs to sync and then remove all the files / folders from the My Book.  Just trying to play it safe here before I remove some of my data off the C: DRIVE  -

Thnak you for your assistanace.

George

Never trust important data to just one drive internal or external no matter who makes it.

Joe

Ah words of wisdom  - I do have hard copies scattered about on DVD - But it still does not answer my question…

Any help?

George

I don’t trust Smartware backup. Sometimes it fails to support when needed most. You can copy and paste your stuff to an external drive. As Joe said, I also don’t trust valuable data on single drive. If I were you, I would buy a cheap USB enclosure and a large bare drive to keep backup of the backup and keep it in a safe location. (Out of my home - so flood or fire cannot destroy my data)

You can laugh now!  :smileyvery-happy:

PS. Smartware is not syncing as per WD Video