Backup iMac without using Time Machine

Backing up my iMac using Time Machine is not reliable, keep getting a message that Time Machine must create a new backup. Is there another way/software to backup my iMac to my MyCloudMirror Gen 2?

Hello there,

I have not tried this on my mac, perhaps lets see if another user can share some information or tips on this matter.

Are you using Time Machine as a backup for your iMac and if so, are you having trouble with Time Machine deleting your backup because it is unable to verify the back up?
Thanks

i have not had issues with time machine, something you can try is mounting the actual time machine file and running a first aid on it to see if this helps.

Thank you for your response, how do I mount the actual time machine file
and run the first aid?
Thanks!

I’m using time machine since two years now and I’ve no issue with it. Are you sure that you have configured Nas corectly?

At this point I am not sure if it is configured correctly. The setup seemed
straight forward, attach NAS to router, Turn on Time Machine and direct it
to the NAS using a Guest login.

I have seen posts from others who have the same issue (Time Machine
completed a verification of your backups on "WDMyCloudMirror:. To improve
reliability, Time Machine must create a new backup for you.)

I have the same problem from time to time. Works fine for a while then I get the message about having to create a new backup. This can then take several days to complete. No idea why this happens or why backups take so long

The last time I had to create a new backup I made sure to have Time Machine
Thank for the response.

I’ve had good experiences using Carbon Copy Cloner – https://bombich.com/

The software lets you create a mountable ISO image (which the Mac work with nicely) on your WD cloud and backs up as little or as much of your Mac as you want, on whatever schedule you want.

I’m not sure it would integrate as seamlessly if you had to rebuild a crashed computer, but if backing up your data/files on a regular schedule is what you’re trying to do, it works well.

There’s a trial version, I believe, if you want to test it out.