Backup from MyBookWorld to other drive

So I am using the shared pictures folder as my primary storage location for all my pictures (This is the main reason I bought the drive). I obviously want to back these up in a second location. I tried setting up a plan using Anywhere backup, but I dont see how to select files on the NAS drive to backup. Am I missing something? Thanks!

I don’t think you’re missing anything. I asked WD Support  this same question as I want to do this as well. Here’s there reply:

Unfortunately, the Copy Manager is not designed to have scheduled copy date and time. Also, the Copy Manager is not automatic. The WD Anywhere Backup is designed to automatically backup a computer to the My Book world. The backup software is not designed to backup a shared folder form the Book world to a USB drive.

I recommend that you research third party Enterprise backup software that can backup a shared folder to a USB drive.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you further.

Hi - have you setup shares both to your MWB and USB drive?  Are you running windows?  Why don’t you configure some batch scripts (one would do in most cases) using the xcopy command and windows task scheduler?  It’s actually pretty simple and as long as your PC and MWB are online, the task scheduler will handle the backups.

XCopy can also differentiate between modified files so that it is only copying over modified files, vs. copying everything and overwriting, which would be a much slower process.