Backup file mode

I have many directories under my c drive but  two of  them do not show in the list created by SmartWare. They are:

Temp

temporary

Seems to me it is filtering out anything to do with temporary? Can’t imagine why. Any ideas why they would not show?

The software is designed to hide specific folders such as your Windows folder and Temp files - this prevents it from getting stuck backing up temp files that are created by your OS (this would make the program use a LOT more resources - go back to an early version and see the difference). If you are making your own temp folder call it something like “t3mp” to avoid the issue.

WD Smartware will only backup files that are associated with your computer profile.

These are:

• My Documents

• My Pictures

• My Movies

• etc…

WD Smartware will not backup the whole drive (drive C:). If you want to backup the whole drive, you need to either download a 3rd party software or purchase the complete version of Acronis True Image.

dyames000 wrote:

WD Smartware will only backup files that are associated with your computer profile.

These are:

• My Documents
  • My Pictures
  • My Movies
  • etc…

WD Smartware will not backup the whole drive (drive C:). If you want to backup the whole drive, you need to either download a 3rd party software or purchase the complete version of Acronis True Image.

He’s not talking about the Category Backup mode- he’s talking about the File Backup mode. If you haven’t used SmartWare in awhile, they finally updated it to allow you to pick specific folders and files (they did this maybe a month or two ago?)