Backup Failure - cannot backup my Windows 8 desktop LAN computer

Additional update:

It looks like the Windows Update issue may be specific to this particular update.  I just manually updated 3 “optional” updates which went very smoothly.   Then when I tried the security update after that, it hangs again.   I suppose it might be on the Windows side?

Can you tell me which update and MS KB number that this occurred on, I would like to look in to this a little more.  and was this the update for your PC or on Sentinel?  Either way I still would like to know the MS KB number.

Thanks

Yes, it was KB2467173.  I found a few other complaints on the web where it didnt install well.

This was definitely an update for the server.  I accomplished it by downloading the file from Microsoft and installing it by remote access.

Any recommendations for good media server software?  My Denon AVR does not seem to recognize the media server that came with the DX4000.  I tried Serviio, which worked well with a Sony PS3, but not at all with the Denon AVR.  (Others have reported that incompatibility.)

The Denon does fine with the ancient PV Connect media server that came with my old WHS. 

I have seen the name TVersity floated around.  Is that a good media server?