Backup apps not shown in the App Store

I have two EX2 Ultras and after upgrading to Cloud OS 5 the App Store does not have any of the backup apps available to install.

I am well aware that the backup features were moved to installable apps in OS 5, but BOTH my devices are missing the backup apps in the App Store. Same age, same upgrade sequence.

Does anyone know how I can get OS 5 to list the apps or install them manually ?

You must be running the latest firmware for the apps to show up I believe.
Are you up to 5.27.157?

Manually update the firmware to 5.27.157, then the app store will be updated and all missing apps will reappear.

The latest firmware update changed the base Linux distribution from Debian 10 (Buster) to Debian 11 (Bullseye). Therefore, most apps for My Cloud OS5 firmware version 5.27.157 (and newer) are NOT compatible with prior firmware versions, and vice versa.

Thank you.

I had 5.26.300 … now on 5.27.157 all the backup apps appeared.

I am not going to say re-appeared, since they have never been there since upgrading to OS5, I just didn’t need them until now

The firmware update did indeed result in the apps ‘appearing’, I assume my timing was lucky that the latest f/w update required all new versions due to the Debian upgrade. No idea why they had been missing in the first place… the only reason I need them now is because I have a failed disk… I know, poor planning.