Back up won't work for C drive files on Easy Store

Just installed WD Discovery Easy Store external drive. The drive was able to look for and back up my Google Drive docs, but is stuck when trying to back up OS C:\ from my computer. These are the main files I want to be backup on the external drive. It just sits, saying "backing of 0 byters of 406.72 GB - (0% complete).I can find NO WAY to get the backup to work.

1 Like

Yea Windows does no like that, and sometimes you need to persuade it to play nice, Windows 7 was easy if you have Windows 10 you will not be able to do a full C:\ backup i take it your running the backup software as Administrator, its a permission problem most likely and i am afraid i can not give you the solution because well its your pc not mine :smiley: and doing stuff could either confuse you or make things worse, but if your only backing up doc, settings and so on you should not get stalls in your own folder but trying to backup the whole C:\ well i would clone it but thats just me i also use ssd drives so my backups are just clonning