Auto-Unlock not working

Hello everyone

I have two WD My Book devices (of different generations) and I run both through the WD Discovery (Security) app with Acronis’ WD implementation.

Backups works nicely but the problem is, that the auto-unlock of the drives on startup won’t work. I contacted the support (which is rather frustrating) and in a period of a few emails they proposed that things on the line of “trying to turn it on and off again”. So, I checked the integrity of both discs via WD Utilities and they both passed and I create the unlock with the same user that logs in eventually.

Finally, they told me that the app cannot unlock both drives. But even one is often not unlocking. This is rather frustrating response from them and at the same time I do not feel that they are competent to help.

So, does anybody here have a clue?

Hi @bent,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

This is rather frustrating. It seems neither the support people on the case nor the agents here in the forum are actually reading the issue. Yes, @Keerti_01, as mentioned I opened a support ticket.