Auto unlock not recognised anymore on laptop

Hello all,
I’m sorry if I’m posting in the wrong forum.
I am having some issue with my WD My Passport Ultra. When I used to plug it into my lapto it used to auto unlock and appear on “my computer” now it is requesting a password which I don’t remember and won’t appear on “my computer”. I’m using Windows not MAC.
I’m not sure how this happened, any help please?!
Many thanks in advance

Hello, Lafre

Well, you might have set a password on the device with WD Security, there is a feature to allow the device to auto unlock for this computer. This feature has the following behavior:

¬ The device will auto unlock and be accessible to anyone using the currently logged-in user profile on that PC only. Best practice to avoid unauthorized access to an auto unlocked drive is to also password protect their PC, and remember to lock the PC when the user steps away.

¬The device will auto unlock when the device is connected to the computer with the user account logged in with which the feature was enabled

¬The feature does not follow the user to other PC(s) (if the user account is part of a Domain)

¬This feature does not unlock for any other user account on the PC which enabled the feature (unless that user also enables this feature, for that drive, on that PC)

If you forget the password then the drive cannot be accessible to view the files because the WD Security password protection is a 256-bit AES encryption. If the password is forgotten, the information stored on the hard drive cannot be retrieved.There is no “forgot password” option to reset the password. If the password cannot be remembered, the files on the drive are not accessible.WD Technical Support cannot provide a new password or alternative method to access encrypted data.
The drive can still be used and reformatted by clicking the Erase button. The Erase drive process is Data Destructive and cannot be undone. Once the process begins, ALL THE DATA ON THE DRIVE WILL BE LOST!