Audio sync - video bit rate

Just got my HD TV Live Plus and all my DVD’s were ripped to .vob files. and played well on my regular WD HD TV Media player (first edition). Having spoken to a tech, he suggests converting my .vob files to .avi files. I converted one of the .vob to (xvid) .avi and the audio is out of sync. As to the video bit rate confusion, in my video conversion program, I selected Frame Size at 1920 x 1080, since I have a hi-def 1080p TV. Video Frame Rate at 29.976 and the video bit rate at 6000. The audio at 192 kbps .mp3 format. What’s wrong with this picture? All this because the .vob files do not allow a 10 minute Skip function while in FF mode in the Live Plus unit.

thanks…

Someone fed you a bunch of ■■■■… AVI is ARCHAIC. Don’t use it. Convert to MKV. But your whole reason for doing so is invalid. DVD playback supports CHAPTER SKIP. Click >>| to skip forward one chapter. Now, if you must have 10 minute skip, then carry on… But AVI is a dead format and I would question why any WD tech would have told you that…