Audio problem after upgrade to firmware 2.01.86

Hi all,

after upgrade 2.01.86, when play some of my iso (dvd files) the WD TV live don’t send any audio to hdmi or digital optical out, if I play these files with another player or directly by PC works, before update it works with WD TV live too, is it possible to downgrade?

Marco

downgraded to old firmware and now all works good

I also upgraded my WD TV Live to the latest firmware (2.01.86) and it stopped outputting digital audio via optical or hdmi conexions. Now I only get stereo signals from it.

How can I downgrade my WD TV Live to the previous firmware and where can I download it?

Thanks,

WD: You should test your products thoroughly before releasing them.

Here you can download the old firmware :

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

download it and put in a usb pen drive, after inserted in wd tv live you must have a pop up that ask you to upgrade your firmware, it say version 3.   but is 1.

I have a similar issue with 2.01.86. The audio intermittently cuts out for a second every 10 to 20 seconds. I’m using HDMI passthrough. A real letdown. 

Rolling back to previous firmware and no more audio cutout.

Regards, Adrian. 

Update:

It appears that my problem is not related to the upgrade to Firmware version 2.01.86

I’ll recount what I did to reach this conclusion:

1. Rolled back to previous Firmware version
  2. Intermittent Audio issue returned after a few days.
  3. In exasperation I moved the HDMI Cable from my WD to the HDMI2 in instead of the HDMI1 in on my Teac HTIB500 AMP. (This seemed to solve the intermittent Audio issue)
  4. Swapped out the HDMI Cable between the WD & the Teac for a new HDMI Cable as an additional measure. (No further intermittent Audio issue experienced)
  5. Upgraqded the WD back to Firmware version 2.01.86. The process I followed was to: 1) do a Device Reset, 2) Install Firmware version 2.01.86 via attached USB HDD, 3) do a Device Reset. (No further intermittent Audio issue experienced)

At a later time (when I have free time) I will try moving the HDMI Cable from the WD to the Teac HTIB500 back to HDMI1 in to see if the intermittent Audio issue returns, which would point to the issue being with the Teac. For now though I feel the issue is not related to the upgrade to Firmware version 2.01.86.

I had the same problem (sound downgraded to only stereo) with firmware version 2.01.86 and the surround sound came back fine after I rolled the firmware back to version 1.16.13.  The previous firmware (1.16.13) did have a small problem, that is, some movies would start a few minutes past the beginning, and version 2.01.86 seemed to have fixed that; however it broke the surround sound - a bad tradeoff.  I will leave it on 1.16.13 and next time a firmware update is offered, I will do some research before I go ahead and update.