Audio issues wd tv live plus - please help

Hello:

I recently upgraded from the WDTV Media Player to the WDTV LIVE PLUS.  I really loved my old media player and never had any real issues.  The WDTV LIVE PLUS has been another story.

Ever since I have started using it, I have had audio cut outs.  I play a lot of high def videos (usually mkv files connected through an external hard drive ) in 1080p.  The cut outs last a few seconds and then the audio comes back.  Just like in my old player, I have it connected to my television via an HDMI cable.  At first I thought it might be the HDMI cable and I have since switched cables two times (for a total of 3 cables) and the problem persists.

The settings on my WDTV LIVE PLUS are on: HDMI and Stereo for audio.  

My TV is a Panasonic Viera TH-50PZ700U and everything worked fine before this player.  I upgraded for two reasons  (a) it was a gift and (b) the ability to play DTS audio which the old player did not have.

I also installed the current firmware upgrade - Release 1.04.10

The problem is so bad that it makes for an unpleasant viewing experience.

What can I do about this problem?  Is there a specific HDMI cable that anyone can recommend or is something else at play here?  I have noticed that some other users have had this problem as well.

Thanks for your help.  Any assistance and guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

This board is for the Live Hub only.

You will get better advice posting here.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/bd-p/tv_live

Thanks.