Attaching 2 WD TV LIve units to same set up

I have a spare HDMI connection available and was wondering if it was safe to attach another WD TV Live box to my set up? The main Onkyo amp selects the imput.
It’s sheer extravagance I know but I was thinking of having the ability of instantaneously switching from one WD box and its attached hard drive to the other.
I assume one remote would operate either unit so I’d place them either side of the TV to avoid both accepting the same signal. can anyin think of anything that could go wrong?

Firstly, there is no logical reason to do this; usually, people set up a second WDTV on a second TV.

Do you have another WDTV, because if you don’t, good luck finding one since they have been out of production for almost two years.

Yes, glancing through ebay and Gumtree, I nticed one for $15 and snapped it up! Looks to be in vgc.
Stuff on one of two 1tb portable hard drives is usually played on the present WD. Recompilation is a slow process if anything is replaced on the drives. So I was thiking of having two linked up to double the choice. One can be in use allowing the oother to recomplie itself - unless it needs to be connected through to the TV to do this.