ArmorATD Drive Does Not Mount

I have a 4TB ArmorATD G-Tech drive. When I first got it there were no issues. Recently I have had nothing but problems. Windows 10 always says that it is missing the “G-Tech SES Device USB Device” driver. Yes redundant but that is what it says.

I have been able to get it to mount a few times and immediately run a drive check and it comes back with no errors. It works fine until I unplug it or swap drives, then it gives me the errors again. It always shows that the ArmorATD drive is connected but no volumes show up.

The sequence I usually have to do is mount and unmount it continuously, then restart, the boot into Safe Mode, then restart, then access Disk Manger then unmount and mount, then restart and then it works.

The last time I did this I backed up the data, formated the drive and had it working. I switched to another computer and it happened again.

All my other drives work fine… it is just this one. Any ideas?

Hi @JaredIsham,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask