Are Drag and Drop files encrypted?

Hi,

I have a new Studio LX 2TB for my MAC, I have Smartware installed and it backs up my files i also have a password for the drive.  My question is are drag and drop files still encrypted?

Well it depends the whole drive is encrypted if you install the smartware and activate the security feature.

Here are the video instructions to help you on setting up your security. hope it helps!

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3741&p_created=1254176590&p_sid=M5b6Dekk&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_lva=3865&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NzcsNzcmcF9wcm9kcz0wJnBfY2F0cz0wJnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfZm5sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9c2VjdXJpdHk!&p_li=&p_topview=1

Yes I have Smartware full installed and use it as well.  So i can be assured  I am fully encrypted then, thanks!

On a similar topic, if I use a partition of the drive for time machine, is it being encrypted as well?

I would suggest that you contact apple on that matter I dont want to mislead you. There are usaually issues when using 2 backup softwares.