Apps Page Will Not Load - Post FW 5.27.157 Update

Greetings all,

I’m also checking in as I’m seeing other users having issues that appear strongly related to the recent update to firmware version 5.27.157.

I am having several issues with my EX2 Ultra at the moment, but the only one that seems definitely related to the FW update is as follows: When I log in to the admin dashboard, all of the tabs/pages seem to work correctly, except for the Apps page. I noticed the trouble just a couple of nights ago when I went to check on the status of Plex, but going to the Plex website showed that my device was disconnected and I was unable to connect to it. Going to the MyCloud dashboard, checking on Apps, I wanted to see if I had to restart or reconfigure Plex.

For a brief period, the page actually loaded and it appeared that all of my apps (Anti-Virus Essentials, Dropbox, Plex, and USB Backups) were gone. It looked as if the FW update erased all my apps, which would explain the reason Plex wouldn’t work. But now, I can’t even get the Apps page to load within the timeout interval I have set on my device (i.e. the dashboard kicks me out while Apps is still loading).

I’ve called WD about this and they’re supposed to be looking into it. I’m skeptical whether or not the agent will call me back within the time promised.

Troubleshooting done to date:

1. Rebooting the device after unplugging everything - NOGO
  2. Hibernating the device and doing same - NOGO

I am still waiting on a resolution, which will likely come in the form of another update if enough people report this problem. I’m highly ticked off at this because I suspect the update ruined something.

Thanks for reading,
Mike

2 Likes

Hi there,

Thanks for the quick and intelligent reply. I’m hesitant to mess with this for two reasons: One, I don’t want to spend more of my life playing sysadmin than I already do (it’ll likely eat up an entire afternoon to get this right, at least at the speed I do things), and two, I feel like this is something that WD should address and fix ASAP. Their engineers get paid to fix their stuff, whereas I do not. So, I’ll bookmark this solution in case I get pseudo-desperate, and maybe get a little adventurous. But otherwise, I’d prefer to wait. Thank you!

Mike

1 Like

My WD My Cloud 4 TB device can no longer be used with the software update dated 19.10.2023. I made all the solution suggestions. I cannot access the device. I will not forgive WD if anything happens to the memories I have accumulated over the years.

I agree with you. This is really ridiculous. I consider this a failing of software engineering, particularly in terms of testing.

I too have issues after (automatically) updating the firmware to 5.27.157 (and updating apps after the firmware updated) on one of my two EX2 Ultra systems. Fortunately, my other system had not yet updated & I was able to shut off the auto update feature. I simply cannot believe that my system has a low temperature in a room with an ambient temperature that I can sit in without a winter coat OR that both disks experienced failure virtually simultaneously AND the data on the disks was still accessible. Not wanting to spin my wheels, I just shut down the system and will wait for WD to fix the bogus firmware update…