Apps from WD Support DL4100 downloads

This is too bad, but I was mentally preparing myself for the 40 second reset if I needed to do it. You could have other issues that are causing this and they likely will be cleared by a full reset.

I just tested name resolution (ping) to downloads.wdc.com within a SSH login and have no problem. If I type http://downloads.wdc.com/ into a browser from my Windows computer, it pulls in the XML file, so not sure what the problem is. I get email notifications from the device. Cloud Access is currently not an option because I have no access to router settings. If Cloud Access is required for the Apps list to load, then that is the problem. I did not think it was a requirement, but I could be wrong. I can access the XML file and manually download the .bin files, so not sure why the DL4100 cannot. I guess I could take the device home and test from there; I have full access to the router there.

You appear more of a tech guy than I am, but I can tell you i only have Cloud Access turned on in dashboard Settings tab, but I have not set up the dashboard’s Cloud Access tab at all. I log in only as admin w/no psssword, and I can access the NAS either locally or remotely using My Cloud app and other apps, plus from other devices on my network. This is all I want at this time from the DL NAS. So far, I have not set up any users either. Hope this info is useful.

I installed WordPress on the EX4100 I have at home where I have full control of the router. First the application list was full; second WordPress installed correctly from the list; and lastly it immediately updated to the latest version and also updated all themes and plugins that had updates available. I know it is a different model, but at least now I know it is possible to do what I want the DL4100 to do. Worst case is that I can maintain our website from home on the EX4100. I will take the DL4100 home this weekend and try the install WordPress from there. If it works, then it is the Cloud Access setting that is affecting the DL4100 at the office. More after I test at home.

Progress. Good. The EX and DL series are more alike than different, so you could have smooth sailing from here.

I decided against testing the DL4100 at home to avoid any potential problems due to the change the IP subnetting. It would really serve no purpose other than potentially answering the question about the apps list. I have WordPress running on the EX4100, so that will do for now.

We will probably be getting our own dedicate ISP next year and get away from the building (Excutive Suites) supplied ISP. When that happens, I will have as much control of the router as the ISP (Frontier) allows. I will also attempt to setup a VPN for remote access to the DL4100. I will come back as soon as I know if the router access resolves the apps list on the DL4100. The WD Community Forum has provided much useful information and help.

Since doing the 4 sec reset last week and it was successfol, I have experienced the loss of the App list a couple of times. First time I attributed problem to a recent reboot of the router. so I rebooted it again and then did the 4 sec reset and all was fine again. I lost the App list again overnight, and just decided to only reboot the NAS, and afterward all was OK again. So far, I have not needed to do the 40 sec reset.

With our own ISP and router access, the default Cloud Access setup populates the applications list. Cloud Access must be connected to get the list of applications.

DL4100
Firmware: 2.21.126