Applying SMP Themes

I am a new owner of a WD TV Live with a My Book Essentials 2TB drive attached directly to the smp. The problem I have is that I cannot get either the Mojo or  Alaska theme to upload.so that I can change the theme. I updated the firmware when the unit was first switched on but every time I try to upload via the web interface I get the please wait message forever. Am I missing something basic. I presume that I can use the themes with the official firmware and not have to apply the WDTV_LiveStreaming_GPL_Code_package_1.05.18.zip

Any help would be appreciated.

A lot of members have had a problem uploading themes if they use Internet Explorer, if you are using it I suggest you use another browser, I have no problem with Google Chrome.

Cheers

2 Likes

Sorted, thanks.

IE problem even tried it in compatability mode without success.

Your a star

digpub wrote:

Sorted, thanks.

IE problem even tried it in compatability mode without success.

Your a star

dont tell him that he’ll get a big head :stuck_out_tongue:

In my opinion choice of browser is not the only reason why folks are having problems installing  themes, lack of a proper step by step guide is another reason, not everyone has the same level of knowledge regarding themes. I have all but given up trying to install them after several unsuccessful attempts.

douglaslad wrote:

In my opinion choice of browser is not the only reason why folks are having problems installing  themes, lack of a proper step by step guide is another reason, not everyone has the same level of knowledge regarding themes. I have all but given up trying to install them after several unsuccessful attempts.

i bet i can step you through it.  Do you want a wager? :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, I have to reply that I was impatient the first time or so when I tried to upload the various themes to my WD TV Live smp.

I finally figured out that it DOES take a long time on the “Please Wait” menu.  I found out that if I waited long enough, they uploaded successfully.  Waiting is hard for me to do, but when I did, it worked with no problems.

Yes, I did use Chrome as a browser and it works just fine.

sbasile wrote:

OK, I have to reply that I was impatient the first time or so when I tried to upload the various themes to my WD TV Live smp.

I finally figured out that it DOES take a long time on the “Please Wait” menu.  I found out that if I waited long enough, they uploaded successfully.  

Yes, I did use Chrome as a browser and it works just fine.

Hi sbasile,

it shouldnt take long to upload a theme.  Black Mamba takes a minute or two on my system. Its probably not even that long. Im going an update later today so ill time it then.

Hey BigRoo - to me a minute or two IS a long time :smileyvery-happy:

I can’t remember too well, but one of the themes takes longer than the other ones.

Anyway, I love this site and all of the helpful peeps.  I’m glad I found it!!

sbasile wrote:

Hey BigRoo - to me a minute or two IS a long time :smileyvery-happy:

I can’t remember too well, but one of the themes takes longer than the other ones.

patience is a virtue ! :stuck_out_tongue:

BigRoo wrote:

i bet i can step you through it. 

If there’s no guide already, it’d be cool if you’d wrote one.