[APP] Transmission various versions for firmware V4+ (05/2020)

You need to change it to ssh. Telnet is not enabled on the MY Cloud.

RAC

HI,

With ssh

i have the same output, connection refused, that is the problem.

Do you have ssh enabled from the UI?

RAC

i dont know as i dont have access for UI. My first post with that issue is no 694, you can see what is real problem.

So you know the ipaddress of your My Cloud. You can use the following commands from a windows prompt. These comands will list the systems on your network and the ip addresses of your devices on the network. The ping command will return the ip address of that server.
net view
arp -a
ping

RAC

Yes, but i want ot get back access for WD, i can ping MyCloud but what for?
The server is on 192.168.0.11

So if you ping the My Cloud by name it says that it is on ip address 192.168.0.11?

RAC

yes, it works by name and ip

Have you tried in internet explorer to type 192.168.0.11 in the address bar and enter?

RAC

I see the same picture as few posts above, “Reading configuration information…”

Right now I have no other suggestions. Since you can’t get to the UI you can’t enable ssh. Since you don’t have ssh access you can’t make any changes.

RAC

Hi Nazar78,

Thank you for this awesome work !

Can you tell me How can I join my Transmission interface when I’m not in my network ?

I try with Routers IP:9091 but it don’t work !

Thank you for your help and thank you again !

@MPlo

The reason I asked you to try telnet is because sometimes the server is busy to return SSH message replies. Telnet or Netcat will try to probe the port 22 to see if it’s alive, but this case is not. Also from your replies, your rootfs seems ok. As said, think you lose the SSH access, IIRC got revert as disabled when you did the reset button while your WD Dashboard wasn’t responding which was probably very busy that time.

Also as said earlier installing Transmission will not affect the WD Dashboard. This Transmission is a single binary without the need of installing other dependencies which could interfere with the WD Dashboard packages. Your WD Dashboard issue was something else, were there any other mods done?

Without SSH access, there’s nothing you can do to troubleshoot yet alone revive the WD Dashboard. So you’ll need to perform unbrick recovery. There’s two known method,

1st method w/o open the drive (I haven’t tried), get this from user Fox_exe here and follow the readme instructions. You should only need to deal with the rootfs.img (extract from original WD firmware), skip the kernel and config.

2nd method (I’ve done this many times), plugin the hdd to a working Linux (e.g. Ubuntu or Debian) or VM via sata hdd enclosure, using its Linux DISK utility find the two 2GB raid partitions and write the rootfs.img to both partitions. You can search this forum for more details.

You’ll need to port forward port 9091 from your router to MyCloud only then you can access via PUBLIC-IP:9091.

Also recommended that you set a credential when opening Transmission to public:

Stop transmission:
transmission-stop

Edit the config file:
nano ~/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json

Edit these:
“rpc-username”: “username”,
“rpc-password”: “password”,

CTRL+, [y] to save…

Restart transmission:
transmission-daemon

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help. I will try first method as i dont have Linux :smile:

I have attached my MyCloud drive (after removing from case) to my Win7 computer and accessed/renamed a file using Ext2Fsd (which made drive show up in File Explorer) if that helps in any way.

1 Like

I though I have come across this on this forum before, but cant seem to find it again! I have also browsed online but i cant find a direct answer.

what are the steps to include a completed download folder to transmission so that my currently downloading files are not scanned?

Anything placed under the /shares will be scanned, though it might escape Twonky but not the WD indexer.

You can place the downloading files under /DataVolume/whatever then move it to /shares when done.

by scanned I meant by flexget or sickrage for postprocesing. Isnt there a built-in function just have transmission automatically move finished downloads to another directory?

You need to be clear as this thread is only for installations.

incomplete-dir
incomplete-dir-enabled

Are the options for active downloads if you enabled above.

download-dir

Is the final destination when done.