[APP] Syncthing various versions for firmware V4+ (01/2017)

Think it would work too by deleting the config.xml or maybe the config path altogether and start fresh. Something might have broke in 0.13.4, I’m not sure.

UPDATES: Syncthing v0.13.5-11 for firmware V4 now released to public! More info from the top post. Enjoy (-:

Hi

Syncthing 0.14 has been released which again changes the communication protocols and so is incompatible with earlier versions. Could I please request a prompt update to the WD app.

I’ll try to do this over the weekends.

For those who’s following this post, a new version has been added to the first post. As promised to my donors, they will be the first to receive newer builds. I’ll make it public soon so stay tuned (-:

[20160724] Added Syncthing v0.14.0-3 and Syncthing-Inotify v0.8.3-2.

This release has been bundled with Syncthing-Inotify v0.8.3. It is also reported that version 0.14.0 onwards is not compatible with other devices running older versions 0.13.x and below.

UPDATES: Syncthing v0.14.0-3 for firmware V4 now released to public! More info from the top post. Enjoy (-:

Good news! I installed 0.13 from you but unable to communicate with 0.14 on other devices. I will give it a try once your wdmycloud is online! Thank you for your contribution to this community.

Try again, I was working on something and the service was interrupted.

First of all I would like to thank you Nazar for your hard work and effort! :slight_smile:

Until this 0.14, the service was very unstable, at least for me, and it was not working properly.

But I am still facing some problems with files permissions.
The thing is, every time a machine that is not in the local network transfer a file through syncthing, the pcs in the local network dont have permission to acess it…

so every now and then I have to “sudo chmod -R 777” everything to acess all my files

notebooks (pcs/mac/whatever) that have syncthing installed can acess the files just fine in the local or not.

Hi Nazar,
Thanks for making this available. People like you are what makes the internet great.
I am on a MyCloud EX2 Ultra running stock firmware 2.21.119.

Sadly, when I run your script curl teanazar.com/installer.fcgi?syncthing_0.14.0-3|sh; after setting the three environment variables (which I got from your site, but replaced below with BLAH), I get this:

root@MyCloud root # export NAZAR78_USER=BLAH;
root@MyCloud root # export NAZAR78_PASS=BLAH;
root@MyCloud root # export NAZAR78_KEYS=BLAH;
root@MyCloud root # curl teanazar.com/installer.fcgi?syncthing_0.14.0-3|sh;
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                             Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 20290    0 20290    0     0  43700      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 45595
sh: syntax error: unexpected redirection

Is it something I said?

The NAS is online and can ping the internet.

John

This thread applies to the basic Gen1, v4 firmware MyCloud. You don’t have one of those…

1 Like

Might not be a permanent solution but you can schedule a cron say every hour or midnight to chmod last modified files.

Hi Nazar87,

do you have any updates to Syncthing?

There is already version 0.14.16 and currently clients working with 0.14.0 says that: “Not sending symlinks to old client XXX - please upgrade to v0.14.14 or newer”

I’ll work on this soon…

For those who’s following this post, a new version has been added to the first post. As promised to my donors, they will be the first to receive newer builds. I’ll make it public soon so stay tuned (-:

[20170113] Added Syncthing v0.14.19-1 and Syncthing-Inotify v0.8.4-7.

This release has been bundled with Syncthing-Inotify v0.8.4. It is also reported that version 0.14.0 onwards is not compatible with other devices running older versions 0.13.x and below. And older versions won’t sync symlinks with version v0.14.14 onwards.

1 Like

Thanks Nazar78! Works like a charm :sunny:

1 Like

The newer versions are getting harder to produce, hope they don’t drop the support for older GO versions.

UPDATES: Syncthing v0.14.19-1 for firmware V4 now released to public! More info from the top post. Enjoy (-:

Hello Nazar,

if you could answer a few questions

I have syncthing version v0.14.42 running on mycloud with V3 firmware; I have to upgrade to V4 firmware as my imac running sierra does not connect to time machine on the WDMC or see the shares through finder.

1. When I upgrade to V4 will it clear my installation of scnything?

2. If upgrading to V4 does not clear syncthing do I need to uninstall?

3. I take it that I have to dissable auto upgrades of syncthing after installing?

4. is there anything else I should have to do?

as the saying goes fore warned is fore armed…
Many thanks in advance

Paul