Anyone have a MBL hooked up to a samsung TV?

Trying to get a my book live to play .mp4 over the network via DLNA to samsung LCD tv. Anyone have any luck doing this successfully? Whenever I try, I find the video, click play, it says loading and then nothing happens. Just goes back to a black screen…

You need more details than that… What model TV? Are you accessing through Samba or through Twonky?

I have a MBL and a Samsung TV and it works fine as long as I am not trying to play an .mp4 Any other type video plays fine.  Same deal wil state that it is loading then black screen - eventually if left on blank screen long enough the TV will actually shut itself off.

Sue229 wrote:

I have a MBL and a Samsung TV and it works fine as long as I am not trying to play an .mp4 Any other type video plays fine.  Same deal wil state that it is loading then black screen - eventually if left on blank screen long enough the TV will actually shut itself off.

What media player are you using to play the files? If your using a player built into your TV have you verified that the TV supports the codec used to encode your mp4s?

Yea, it states in the manual that it supports the codec. I’ve played these same files using the tv’s built in media player but using my laptop as a media server rather than the MBL.

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the post, I thought I was going crazy. Have you tried contacting samsung at all?

What video formats have you tried?

@ Friggy31 - No I just don’t use that video format, if I have one in that format that I absolutley want to watch ont he TV then I will just convert it.  I know the TV actually did an update for one of the video file formats but I can’t remember which one.  It prompted me to download the codec so I did, but it does not do that for the mp4’s…I am having other issues with my drive so this problem I might tackle down the road.  maybe you will get an answer by the time I actually have time to deal with it :smiley:

I did find that if I downloaded PS3 media server, and set my MBL as a source for files to stream, EVERYTHING plays just fine from the TV via my computer/PS3 media server. If I try to access the drive directly from the TV, no go. Deffinitly a software issue between samsung and WD. Everytime I talk to someone from Samsung they speak to me like an ■■■■■ and just dont understand my issue.