Anybody else whos PiDrive cable got stolen by WD? (RESOLVED)

I sent in my malfunction 1 TB PiDrive together with the pi drive cable as the instruction wanted me to and got a replacement drive back WITHOUT the pi drive cable. I contacted the support and they say I have not guarantee since I did not sent the drive in without an case (it’s sold without case though) and they deny to send back the cable. So WD basicly sold me that cable and stole it back! Unbelievable.

Did this happen to anybody else?
How did you resolve that case?

Hi @Stepsi,

The RMA department didn’t steal the cable. Because we don’t know the condition of the cables when they come in with the devices, we just toss them. We do say in our packing instructions not to send the cables, but it happens sometimes.

Hi @Bill_S,

thanks for the insight.

Since there is no specific mention to the PiDrive on the RMA instructions page I followed the one for “External Western Digital Enclosures” even if the drive does not come in an enclosure. And there it says "Please keep all software and manuals. Make sure to return all interface cables (e.g. included Thunderbolt, USB or FireWire cables). "

I should have gone with the instructions for the “internal hard drive”. I was a bit consfused because the PiDrive has no enclosure, but an USB interface.

Consider this as a misunderstanding on my site and a hint that you may add RMA instructions for the PiDrive.

Thank you. I’m glad you said something. I will let the team know.

@Bill_S I received the new cable. Thank you a lot for the quick help!

You are welcome.