Any way to stop dropouts?

I have been fighting with my SP (v2.2.93) since the update.  I get about 13MB/s sustained writes on my 1000 network which is what I expect with it after reading other postings here (unfortunatly).  I am running the unit (the 4tb version) in RAID 10. The problem is that every few hours durring long transfers it drops the transfer and becomes “unreachable” even though it still shows in my windows network and I can restart the transfer without rebooting anything.  I am sending about 1.5TB of data (lots of small files) as a batch transfer.  From what I can see in the router and windows it is definatly something with the ShareSpace not the network or PC and I dont have this problem with my non WD NAS unit or transfers from PC to PC.  I have tried sshing into the unit and have turned off Twonky, MioNet, removed the anoying configuration share from showing in the windows network, and turned off server signing.  Any other hits to what I could do to make this thing work right?

Just a thought, but a faulty cable or NIC could give those sort of symptoms. I’ve just gone through something like what you describe between a Win7 notebook cabled to the router and then to a workgroup server. The problem turned out to be the cable between the notebook and router.

Cheers