Any solution for jammed reset button

After changing its static IP address, I can’t access my WD EX2 Ultra. I need to reset it, but I don’t feel any movement there when I’m trying to push the reset button. Maybe I pushed it too hard with the paperclip, and the button got permanently jammed. Is there any solution other than repair?

Are you tried to access by IP?

Yes, after changing my network router, I set a new Static IP for WD when I had access to it. However, I think I used the wrong subnet mask. Now I can’t access it. I can see it on the network by IP I set (using IP finder software on my local network), but I can’t ping it or access it via HTTPS. This is why I need to do a reset. And it seems my physical rest button does not work (maybe jammed).

I’m not familiar with this device, but, just as a general observation, some devices will only detect a reset switch if it is held down during power-on. Thereafter it would be ignored.

You are right. I opened the back of the device. The reset bottom physically works and is not broken. But I can’t reset the network setting. I also tried HTTP, but it does not work. There is no ping response by a command prompt (time out)

I tried this one, too. Still, it has set static IP, which can be seen only by an advanced IP scanner. I regret that I set a static IP for it. I made a big mistake! My router IP is 10.0.0.1. I set the WD IP to 10.0.0.20, and then it asked me for a subnet mask as I was not familiar with this range of IP (10.0.0.X). I searched for a proper subnet mask on the internet and set it to 64.59.144.191 (a strange number! and my big mistake), and saved it. No, when I directly connect it to my laptop, I can’t set the subnet mask of my laptop’s ethernet IPV to the assigned subnet mask, and I think this is the reason why I can’t ping it. I believe there are two solutions 1. reset the static IP and subnet mask of WD (which can’t be done by resetting the bottom). 2 Use specific software to connect to WD with the assigned IP and subnet mask (10.0.0.20 and 64.59.144.191). Unfortunately, I can’t figure out what type of software

Are you see NAS in Router (LAN connections)?
Try to change IP settings on PC with mask 64.59.144.191

How to reset NAS:

To reset your cloud ex2 ultra device, you have two options: a 4 second reset or a 40 second reset. Both options use the reset button located on the back of the device1. The 4 second reset will reset the admin password and the network mode, while the 40 second reset will reset more settings, such as the device name, the users, the share permissions, and the installed apps1.

To perform a 4 second reset, you need to power on the device, and then press and hold the reset button for at least 4 seconds using a paperclip or a narrow tipped pen1. The device will reboot and may take up to 5 minutes to complete1. You need to wait until the power LED is solid blue, indicating the device is ready to use1.

To perform a 40 second reset, you need to power off the device and remove the power cord from the device. Then, press and hold the reset button using a paperclip or a narrow tipped pen, and reconnect the power cord to the device while continuing to hold the reset button for at least 40 seconds1. After releasing the reset button, the device will reboot and may take up to 15 minutes to complete1. You need to wait until the power LED is solid blue, indicating the device is ready to use1.