Another Newbie who needs help please

Hi All

Sorry I’m new to this new media age - and have just purchased a WD Live TV Media Streamer.

I’ve managed to get the WD Live TV to find my wireless network at home, but I can’t seem to understand how to get to see the media files I have on my PC (I’ve set the PC to Stream my pictures, music and videos to all devices on my home network via the Control Panel, and the WD TV Live is “allowed” under “Choose Media Streaming Options”).

How do I stream video I have recorded on Windows Media Center on my PC?

How do I play other media files stored elsewhere on my PC?

Thanks in advance for your help.  Any help / training you could give would be greatly appreciated.

KC

It is surprising how so many peole such as yourself get stuck.  You need to download the manual (if you haven’t already done so) and that should contain many of the answers you seek.

http://support.wdc.com/product/install.asp?wdc_lang=en&fid=wdsfWDTV_Live

Regarding playing ‘movies’ from your PC, you need to naviagte to the movie file through the WDTV Live SMP and then just hit “Play”.  The WDTV Live SMP then “Plays” your file for you.

Another way to stream stuff is via Windows Media Player.  It needs to be set up to do the streaming.  In WMP you need to click on the file for “Send To”.  WMP should have previously ‘discovered’ your WDTV Live SMP on your network.  Select your WDTV Live SMP from the ‘Send To’ target and that file should then play on your WDTV.  WMP requires setting up before it can stream.

First step though is to download and read the manual if you haven’t already done so.