Another issue again : Remote Access has been Disabled

Trying yesterday to access my drive from the Iphone app and getting this message “Remote Access Disabled”.  I check my system this morning and nothing has changed with the static IP, all shares are normal … any ideas what to do about this … I am really getting sick of all the connectivity issues with this HD !

GoTHicSamurai wrote:

Trying yesterday to access my drive from the Iphone app and getting this message “Remote Access Disabled”.  I check my system this morning and nothing has changed with the static IP, all shares are normal … any ideas what to do about this … I am really getting sick of all the connectivity issues with this HD !

We will look into this, but we may need more information.  Also, can you list how you have your router is setup - port forwarding, upnp, type of router, drive firmware version, etc.?

I have a static IP adress for the cloud HD and all ports forwarded on the router

TCP/UDP on port 80 and 443 is  enabled, my router is a Billion 7800N and my firmware version on the Cloud HD is v04.00.01-623

So I sorted out my issue, used the system restore function to reset the drive to its base configuration and then set up the same static IP address and port forwarding as previous and after a while remote access worked again without an issue …