Android No Longer Sync's

Good Day Everyone.
My EX2 back ups have performed well for a year or so using OS5 amd latest android app but now nothing syncs and as others are saying video no longer gets uploaded. For a few weeks no video are being uploaded.
But now my back up will not upload or sync anything.
I reset and formatted my EX2 with 2 x 4tb drives in raid mirroring.
I have around 14,000 photos and videos on my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra but it always stops at 7009
Uploading: Screenshot_20230616_155106_My Cloud.jpg…
items left to sync and goes no further. Doesnt matter how long i leave it it doesnt do anything. 24 hours plus and it just sits doing nothing. It just sits with the spinning circle saying “syncing” but theres no network activity either on wifi or cellular so its not uploading anything. No disc or network activity on the EX2 either.
Im rapidly loosing interest in the WD EX2 Ultra…my Synology works flawlessly. I have 2 NAS for back ups as my photos and videos are very important to me so yes i have two back ups. But if the WD now no longer works as it should then ill just get rid of it and look for another solution.
All softwares on phone and WD are the latest versions

Anyone got any tips to try ? Ive even tried a previous OS 5 version but the same result.
I had opened a ticket at WD but no reply so i assume they’re not intetested.
HDD’s all report good health , Raid reports good health … i give in :pensive:

1 Like

I’ve had the same problem for a few days now. Tried everything from logging out/in, clearing cache, reinstalling app,rebooting drive, phone and tablet. Nothing works. I opened a ticket to see IF WD is even interested in fixing the problem. Obviously something in the software doesn’t work since the problem exist on my phone and my tablet.

1 Like

I’ve been having the exact same thing lately. Tried multiple reboots of both the phone as well as the NAS, logged on & off, turned off & on automatic backup, cleared the cache, and reinstalled the app. All with zero results.

I would be very interested in a fix and the response from WD.

1 Like

Anyone good woth system logs from the point where it stops syncing and uploading ? Anyone in here able to look at them and see an issue ?
I can upload them if needed.

I too am affected by WD’s problem of not syncing photos from my phone.
I filed a report and received two replies from WD Support (different people) asking me to provide more info. BOTH emails said to reply to their email, and BOTH emails had a note that the email was not monitored and didn’t accept replies.
Hey WD Support, how do I send the info that you requested? (Is this a futile request? I don’t see any responses from WD Support on the Forum.)

Well due to a lack of interest from WD I’ve just bought a Synology DS220 plus.
Bye WD…I’ve been a customer for 20+ years but not anymore.

Your loss.

1 Like

I may have stumbled upon a solution for this issue.
I rolled back the app to version 4.20.1 (2017) and as if by magic its synced all my photos and uploaded all the missing videos.
So they’ve broken something from version 4.20.1 (2017) and version 4.22.0 (2040)

So if youre struggling with this like i was search for the apk version 4.20.1 (2017) …once installed do not allow it to auto update or it breaks it again.

Thank you for confirming this for the My Cloud EX Series.

This has been answered for other Web apps since April 2023, unfortunately few users have bothered to answer with their results and even fewer users have reported this to Western Digital support.

The reason for the webapp update which broke the Android video sync in the first place back in March 2023 was also indicated in the thread

Hi.
Thanks for the reply. I did search but never found that thread about rolling back versions.
Surprised no one came upon my posts and mentioned the other thread. Been pulling my hair out for a while with this. Even google never found that thread.

Better now everything is backed up again though.

I confirm that the downgrade to 4.20.1 “fixed” my issue and files are now uploaded again. Thanks!
Sad that WD couldn’t solve it in 4 months…

I am also having a same problem ant solution.

How to down grade please anyone can send link.

Try here or uograde to the latest version from WD which works for me.

1 Like

Hello,
Thank you so much.
At last I can save my childs photos and videos safely.
Have a great day ahead.
Thanks & Regards.
Raphael.

1 Like