All of a sudden it won't stream properly

Ok this is a bit of a long background i accidentaly knocked over my modem.  That made the Mycloud go to a solid white light.  I fixed that by double checking all the ethernet connections from the mycloud to the modem. 

Then on my Galaxy tab s i was getting the not connected 900 error again fixed that by disconnecting then reconnecting to the mycloud

The problem i’m having now is thee video streaming is completely messed up it takes three minutes to load the video and it immediately starts buffering.  It streams just fine to my iphone and it was working fine.

and here’s why I know something changed on the app.  The galaxy tab s video player allows me to search for media servers when i i access mycloud through that again it loads just fine. no lag no buffering.  The only problem is i don’t want to use that because it just has all the videos and no way to sort them.

Any idea why it’s doing this?  My tablet is now almost useless for video streaming

Welcome to the WD Community. Have you verified that the Tablet is connected to the same Network? If not, it will stream the files using your Internet connection. If the problem continues try pressing the reset button on the back of the My Cloud and uninstalling and reinstalling the My Cloud app on the tablet.

1 Like

How do i verfiy that?

I have uninstalled and reinstalleed the app though

I don’t know if this helps but when i removed the my cloud it was listed in found in network and i went to add it it took me to the login in screen.  I don;t get that on my phone.  does that mean it’s not set in the home network?

Also I can’t turn off cloud access in the dashboard.

Is that connected to this?

okay you’re right it’s not registered and i can’t get it to register.

i install the app on my tablet

i have this screen IMG_2581.JPG

I click WDMyCloud I get this

IMG_2582.JPG

No option to enter the code so I go to add manually WD evice and i enter the code

It looks like it works but when i go to the dashboard i have

So it lokslike it’s not connected through the network and it  won’t register the tablet  what am i doing wrong and how do i  fix this please help me

Delete that device and use the “Get Code” button to generate a new code to connect.

I’ve tried that multiple times.  I always get that.

The only way I can enter an activation code is to click add manually not WDMyCloud in the top left corner manually, is that part of the problem.

Yes, after you generate a new code you should go to Add Manually>WD Device. It should prompt you to enter the code.

ETA:  That’s the way it’s supposed to work. If it’s not working as intended you should probably call WD via phone. It’s a real shame you cannot get WD staff response and solution here through the forum.

That’s what I’ve been doing

I have done this 10 times every time i get the same error. 

something else is going on preventing it from recognising the device.

So I borrowed a friends tablet and it connected just fine could i somehow have set my cloud to not allow access to the tablet somehow?

I just got a my cloud less than a week ago and it shows the exact same thing for my samsung galaxy note 4. all my apple products show up just fine.