Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

it would  be awesome if the firmware allowed all views to see the image embedded in the ID3 tag without “folder.jpg” or “filename.jpg”

I use  mp3tag, it works great for me :smileyvery-happy:

About image embedded in the ID3 tag it works fine for music album cover but you must have medialibrary on and the hub set to show “album”

Hey Joey,

Thank you so much for the info. I haven’t updated my jpg’s yet, but I’ve been using Media Monkey and MP3 Tags to tag all my music to the artist and song titles etc.

I’ll try program below and yes only do it on a couple. :slight_smile: Keep up the great work, love your Dark Alaska!!

@ Joeysymth,

Just wanted to know if you will be releasing the 15 vert dark version?

Thanks for all your hard work this is a great theme.

@ joeysmyth sorry for misspelling your name.

@sceeter

No probs :smiley: 

It’s not my ‘real name’ anyways :wink:

Been really un-motivated lately … did grab a new capture card today though … :smiley:

so i’ve been ‘tinkering’ around with it …

Just a “Demo Test Video” on Youtube of Alaska Light with Linksheets (Click the 720p Settings) :smiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyaU4kLoaEU&feature=youtu.be

Looks cool, great work.

I’m using your AlaskaLIGHT_V1.6_15_TBN_VERT.

just waiting for the dark version, take your time.

thank-you.

I’ve been wanting to ask this for awhile and had some free time this weekend.  Is there anyway to utilize the rotating backdrops with this theme? Like for the view that has the big cover thumbnails, instead of just the plain white background, is there a way for the background to use the backdrops instead? When scrolling through movies?  If so how?  I think it would look pretty awesome…Thanks!  It works with the  Darklight theme, but I wanted to do it with this theme

Thanks!

I´m using the AlaskaLIGHT_V1.6_15_TBN_VERT-version
and it looks so good on my SMP.

However I´m still waiting for the dark version of
of that theme. It would be even greater.
For now the only dark available version seems to be AlaskaDARK_V1.2.zip.
So my question for you JoeySmyth is if there is any chance you gonna finish the dark version (AlaskaDARK_V1.6_15_TBN_VERT)?

Many thanks for this theme.

@Matte

Update on Page(1)  :smiley:

1 Like

Hey everybody, I was hoping somebody that still uses thumbgen for the alaska dark theme could point me in the right direction on which thumbgen profile and template needs to be used to get the everything displaying correctly on this theme. I have search around on google and the forums here and found some say the black mamba templates and profile works well with this but now that black manna has been discontinued these files can not be downloaded. I also read where somebody mentioned they use the aeonish emplates but after setting up the profile per the pictures shown in earlier posts the movie information shows but not the cover only on gallery view all other views show the cover thumbnail. if you need more information I will do my best to get it for you.

From Page (1)

This is a Non-Moviesheet Theme (ie. It’s just using Poster Thumbnails)

3rd Party Software (eg. “Thumbgen” is NOT Required)  it’s optional if you wish to use it. *

(Inspired by Xbmc Alaska by Hitcher)

* ie. to create 300x450 posters.

Dark looks great joey, Been looking forward to it and its worth the wait. Thanks a lot

i understand joey but i was wanting to do the option of thumbgen

@cgballer20051

If you want to use Thumbgen to create the 300x450 poster thumbnails here’s a template…

http://www.mediafire.com/?3eo03413cb1g2bm

If you want to use Thumbgen to create “Moviesheets” … the theme isn’t designed for use with them.

oic thank you for clearing this up for me I do however love the dark theme. I gave kudos, thanks

@joey,

I installed the dark 15 vert but i noticed in gallery view that there is on the left hand side of the thumbs a line that extends higher than the thumb this happens for all the thumbs as you scroll is there anything i can do to fix this.

I’m looking at it and i don’t know what you mean ? 

Post a screenshot, so i don’t have to guess.

ps. if you’re talking about the dark shadow spacing line … it’s meant to be there.   (delete it if you don’t want it)

@Joey,

Yes thats what im talking about, the dark shadow spacing line, how do i delete it?

Thanks.