Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

Is it possible to remove the items circled in white as well as the weather, so the title of the movie can be moved up and enlarged.

thanks.

better view of the above pic.

@sceeter

Is it possible to remove the items circled in white as well as the weather, so the title of the movie can be moved up and enlarged.

Yes … feel free to edit it to your personal preference

I have a question. I am using the dark version of the theme and I love it. The latest firmware has an x32 fast forward option. But in this version of the theme there does not appear to be enough room to display the x32 so it displays as x…

Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks … Rob

@goldberg96

You would think if a 2 digit number fits eg. X16    then X32 should fit as well ?

anyways, edit video_run.xml and video_run_buf.xml

look for this … and change the width to … dunno maybe 40 ?

<text text=“@@speed_value” x=“405” y=“685” w=“33” h=“22” fontsize=“20” textcolor=“0xffffff”/>

Could be that the number “2” is wider than the number “1”. :slight_smile:

@fththemi

Sure 1 and 2 are wider than each other, but 16 and 32 are the same width.

Hi all

I have been using this theme for a while now however I have just noticed that my thumbnails are not rounded like in the pictures on page 1. Do I need to use a thumbgen template to get these thumbs looking nice with round corners cause a lot of my thumbs are just posters from the net. Thanks again.

If so what is the best thumbgen template to use.

Thanks

From Page(1)  you needed to scroll down past the pictures…

It is Recommended not to exceed a Resolution of 300(w) x 450(h) Dimensions.  
Whilst the Theme will do the best to Scale / Align / Fixratio of the Poster Thumbnails it is Recommended to use Posters with and Aspect Ratio of 2:3 or a Scaled Down Resolution of 1000x1500 which is a Popular Standard Format of the TMDB.
Dont use 1000x1500 !  
use a “Scaled” Resolution … eg. 300x450, 200x300, 178x267, 120x180 are examples of scaled and maintained
Aspect Ratio based on 1000x1500.

* Posters are resized in all views except “List View” where aspect ratio is maintained. (because List View is shared with Music (square covers 300x300) and Photos)

You can get your covers however you like … use the hub scraper, download them and resize manually or use thumbgen.

Example of a simple Template.xml to use with thumbgen

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>                          

When I toggle between the different viewing mode I only see the movie info on one of them. WD LIVE SMP.

When I go through the thumbnails I see no info. Nothing life you picture shows.

Any ideas on why?

The 2 released themes (light/dark) are non moviesheet themes. therefore movie info is only available in 2 views.

Gallery View and Info View (option button, View Info)

Screenshots found on this Page (click) are Using “Linksheets” which i havent posted.

Created using Thumbgen and using PNG approx 400-500KB per sheet.

Works fine on the Live Hub (ie. Linksheets for 100’s of movies/tv shows due to 1TB internal HDD)

WD SMP probably 40 or 50 PNG Linksheets is the Maximum (due to 30MB SMP internal memory restriction)  There is Homebrew available but i am unable to provide any assistance or help in that area.

I will release the “Linksheets” version in time … but it’s not suitable or practical for the WD SMP Factory Firmware.

Great theme BTW. I was wondering if there was a way to give the main user interface menu a better look and feel?

It would be kind of nice to have the ability to customize or have a few selections.

Thanks!

drhoads wrote:

Great theme BTW. I was wondering if there was a way to give the main user interface menu a better look and feel?

It would be kind of nice to have the ability to customize or have a few selections.

Thanks!

When a great chef brings you his best dish you dont go and put salt and pepper on it do you?

I just wanted to pop in and say Many thanks for these themes Joey… I just found it and got to say I love the dark version… I was never a fan of the default WD and was using thumbgen to make a static movie sheet and so on which worked but was a bunch of extra work each time and this awesome Theme eliminates all that :smileyvery-happy:

I do have one small thing I was wondering about. While playing a movie or TV show, when you pause or rewind and so on, I notice that the menu bar at the bottom has the movies cover icon at the bottom left and was wondering which XML file and so on is that located? I’ve looked in the video_run.xml and video_run_buf.xml but I’ve a complete noob with this stuff so I wasn’t able to make heads or tails of it.  If possible I’d like to remove it due to my brother being hearing impaired so he always uses subtitles and it can sometime get in the way of them. If not is still all good. We both really like the new look and the faster interface thanks to this theme. :smileyvery-happy:

@Killthrill

Thanks for the comments.

To remove the poster and it's frame, delete the code in Red from video_run.xml & video_run_buf.xml (also change w="1000" to w="800" ... fixes the filename lenght )

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<page>
<ctrlgrp>
<button valkey="CLOSE"/>
<linebreak/>
<button valkey="SKIP_TIME"/>
</ctrlgrp>
<wrapper disable="@@disable_time_info">
<image image="image/file_icon_014.png" x="0" y="620" w="1280" h="131" scale="100"/>
<image image="image/large_video_gallery_thumbnail_no_cover.png" x="56" y="470" w="154" h="233" scale="100"/>
<image image="@@file_album" x="56" y="470" w="154" h="233" scale="100"/>
<image image="image/file_icon_006.png" x="42" y="456" w="182" h="261"/>
<text text="@@filename" x="249" y="631" w="1000" h="30" speed="1" delay="2" fontsize="28" textcolor="0xFFFFFF" align="left"/>
<image image="@@speed_state" x="248" y="683" w="149" h="25" scale="100"/>
<text text="@@speed_value" x="405" y="685" w="33" h="22" fontsize="20" textcolor="0xffffff"/>
<text text="@@current_time" x="441" y="685" w="238" h="22" fontsize="20" textcolor="0xcccccc" align="left"/>
<text text="@@duration_time" x="530" y="685" w="238" h="22" fontsize="20" textcolor="0xcccccc" align="left"/>
<text text="@@subtitle_info" x="930" y="685" w="518" h="22" fontsize="20" textcolor="0xcccccc" align="left"/>
<text text="@@audio_info" x="675" y="685" w="238" h="22" fontsize="20" textcolor="0xcccccc" align="left"/>
<progress_bar name="video_time_bar" x="229" y="665" w="832" h="14" pb_back_img="image/video_playback_playing_progress_bar_bg.png" pb_front_img="image/video_playback_playing_progress_bar.png" pb_point_img="image/playing_progress_bar_point.png" pb_delay="500"/>
</wrapper>
<text x="911" y="648" w="260" h="22" text="$$Close Info" align="right" fontsize="20" textcolor="0x666666" active="@@act-CLOSE" selected="sel-CLOSE" actnoseltextcolor="0xffffff" activetextcolor="0xffffff" disable="@@disable-CLOSE"/>
<text x="671" y="668" w="500" h="22" text="$$Time Search" align="right" fontsize="20" textcolor="0x666666" active="@@act-SKIP_TIME" selected="sel-SKIP_TIME" actnoseltextcolor="0xffffff" activetextcolor="0xffffff" disable="@@disable-SKIP_TIME"/>
<wrapper>
<image image="@@wrongkeyicon" x="563" y="282" w="154" h="155" align="hcenter" />
<image image="@@keyicon" x="1063" y="71" w="65" h="45" align="hcenter" />
<text text="@@info_now_playing" x="65" y="18" w="243" h="31" fontsize="26"/>
</wrapper>
<include filename="./ipcam_pip_win.xml" />
<text text="@@mod_txt" x="162" y="186" w="958" h="34" fontsize="30" textcolor="0xffffff" align="hcenter" auto_translate="1"/>
<text x="450" y="160" w="372" h="26" text="@@text-OPTION" fontsize="24" textcolor="0x07b5ff" align="hcenter" disable="@@disable-text-options"/>
<image image="@@mod_img" x="1063" y="71" w="107" h="107"/>
<image image="@@info_mute_icon" x="1162" y="49" w="48" h="48"/>
</page>

1 Like

Excellent! Thank you Joey, you made my brother one happy guy lol. Most of the movies we have are on a USB drive and have the subtitles hard encoded because our last media player didn’t support soft subtitles and I really wasn’t looking forward to re-encoding all of them again. :smiley:

Hey JoeySmyth,

Just checking if the Dark 15 Thumbs you mentioned that is coming soon included now in the v1.2 zip file?  

slatz4prez wrote:

Hey JoeySmyth,

Just checking if the Dark 15 Thumbs you mentioned that is coming soon included now in the v1.2 zip file?  

I would assume no, since “light” has 3 versions of 1.6 which the 15 vertical and 15 horizontal are 2 seperate 1.6 versions from the original.

im guessing when 15 vertical and 15 horizontal come out for dark they will also be seperate and will be 1.6+

i will get it all done soon enough …

have been busy with other things