Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

JoeySmyth wrote:

I understand how to download it from the “Hotfile” link as a zip file but how do I actually transfer it to the media player or am I missing something so obvious?

Above every page on this Website:

Example:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :laughing:

Hi,

After buying the WD SMP on Saturday and stuggling with the interface after using Media Browser on a 360, I was ready to send the thing back. The themes available all seemed too clunky and were a nightmare to navigate. This theme however has made me decide to stick with it so thanks. Everything works and the speed is good.

I have two quetions though. I’m using the 15 Gallery thumbs with all movies in seperate folders. but when I view my library, it fails to show any metadata like the picture you’ve supplied in the first post (second down on the left). Is this due to my folder structure, due to using this theme on the SMP, or am I doing something wrong? And when I click on the film poster, Im taken to a screen where the 15 movie posters dissapear and i’m left with just the metadata and a small movie poster on the left?! I can click on options and choose ‘view info’ but is there anyway I can have this screen come on automatically (5 down on left , your front page)?

Am it right to assume that the standard practive on WD boxes is that if you choose the gallery view in my movie folder, I’m obliged to have gallery view in my tv folder?

Thanks for the Theme.

Edit: now realised that if I move the files and data out of the folders, I can view the metadata alongside a poster.

special thx for this theme, my smp works with it great.

i made me some series and movie folders for this theme, here a example  :-)

folder.jpg test.jpg

pimp1310, could you host them on mediafire or some other site? I would like to see them, but your photo’s are not working. Perhaps you ca share the file so that everyone can enjoy your work?

here on imageshack.us

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/original1j.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/originalgj.jpg/

@Joey,

boh, the blue (Night) Theme looks very nice - super color…

Regards

@All

look at page 1

A couple of other ‘applied’ backdrops.  (yes, REAL screenshots captured off the HUB)

(Settling on this Gallery View Design as it’s the Fastest.)

Every view can easily be changed by going to ‘photos’ and then ‘set as background’

Except the “Main Menu” home screen … because of the way it’s hiding the “infamous”  Black Box.

However, reverting back to original way i did (without the scrolling animation) then the background can be changed as well.

Sample of color schemes … (in the “Night” theme, as long as they are readable with white text then you can use any color you want…  the reverse of course for the “Day” theme)

3 Likes

You sir are an Artist…very nice :slight_smile:

@wdtvhub

Thanks

JoeySmyth wrote:

Im not a huge fan of red for anything but man this looks sharp. cant wait to see this one completed.

Just a Thought. Im wondering if you also had the same thought and how it would look.

The original white alaska gallery view. Remove image on the left and leave that whole section for text. then on the right have the same highlight feture in the new looks. with the highlighted image jumping out bigger instead of a red box.

JoeySmyth wrote:

Wow!

Hello,

i had a question to you…

which XML file is for this “VIEW” ?

i searched for hours …

or what code is for the “selected discription” of a file?

when i select a file he shows in this view the Movie discription, which code in the XML is for this?

pimp1310 wrote:

Hello,

i had a question to you…

which XML file is for this “VIEW” ?

i searched for hours …

or what code is for the “selected discription” of a file?

when i select a file he shows in this view the Movie discription, which code in the XML is for this?

thats the XML for the movie itself. should be named exactly the same as the movie file and image file sitting in the same folder as the movie and the image

movie1.avi

movie1.jpg

movie1.xml

hi all

probably a stupid question but how do you change the colours of the background. Do I have to find a blank picture or something. I like the red and the dark blue. how do i get this .

Thanks

That looks awesome!!!

how is your movies folder structured on your internal drive?

This is how mine is set up.

Movies\Movie1\Movie1.avi

Movie1.jpg

Movie1.xml

Movie2\Movie2.avi

Movie2.jpg

Movie2.xml

TV Shows\American Dad\Season1\Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Season2\Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

The only problem is you can see the folder jpeg but the xml itself is inside the folder. So once you click on the folder the meta data shows. Is this just how the wdtvhub works or can you change the xml that tells it at what level to scrape and where to place it?

Cheers :smiley:

bkafi wrote:

how is your movies folder structured on your internal drive?

This is how mine is set up.

Movies\Movie1\Movie1.avi

Movie1.jpg

Movie1.xml

Movie2\Movie2.avi

Movie2.jpg

Movie2.xml

TV Shows\American Dad\Season1\Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Season2\Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

The only problem is you can see the folder jpeg but the xml itself is inside the folder. So once you click on the folder the meta data shows. Is this just how the wdtvhub works or can you change the xml that tells it at what level to scrape and where to place it?

Cheers :smiley:

your TV shows are fine but I would suggest setting up genre folders for your movies, creating genre images and putting you movies directly in together

Action [folder]

• folder.jpg [genre folder image]

- Movie1.avi

• Movie1.jpg

• Movie1.xml

- Movie2.avi

• Movie2.jpg

• Movie2.xml

Comedy [folder]

• folder.jpg [genre folder image]

- Movie1.avi

• Movie1.jpg

• Movie1.xml

- Movie2.avi

• Movie2.jpg

• Movie2.xml

@ pimp1310

so, your modifying ‘gallery view’ ?     here’s a ‘hint’ …    rv_gallery_browse_page.xml

@virtualdude

your photos,  press ‘option’  then  ‘set as background’   (this is in the wd user manual)

1 Like