Again that Relay Connection

Hello @everyone!

I have read a lot forums but none had the same problem as me. I have the 2TB MyCloud thing. Since I changed the ISP I have a problem. They provide me now only IPv6 so I can’t forward any port to nowhere. Of course the device is now connected with relay Connection. I have access from everywhere… I can Create folders, rename things, upload (too slow I think) but the only thing that really doesn’t work is DOWNLOAD… I am not able to download anything… Does someone else has that problem and is there any fix?

What brand of modem/router did they provide you?

Its called ConnectBox. Almost no options there to edit…
What I found out is that the Cloud picks an IPv6 but the router “sees” only the IPv4. How can I change that in the Cloud. How to set the IPv6 as primary or something like that…?

Look at this User Manual and see if this is what you have.

Yes this is it.

Does it help you in any way for setting it up?

No because I don’t have the Port Forwarding options. May be the ISP has modified the firmware. I got only IPv6 from ISP. The ISP gives me only DSLite connection so there is no way to forward. The ports will remain closed forever if I don’t change the ISP again.

So… is that normal that through Relay Connection I can’t download?

No it is not normal. You should have full remote access even using relay connection.

Who is the ISP? Have you contacted them directly to enquire about your problem of being unable to port forward.

The ISP is Unity Media (Germany). I contacted them in the first day when I found the problem. Because they give only IPv6 to the new clients there is no port forwarding anymore. They can’t help. So I am trying to find out is the router what blocks the Upload from the cloud (Remind you I am only not able to download from it, anything else is possible. Where uploading to it is also slow but at least works), or the ISP blocks somehow that kind of connection. Or the WD servers (for the relay connection) have only IPv4 and there is actually not full connection to the cloud which has IPv6 and the IPv4 which I have as a client to be able to use internet normal is a server from the ISP site.

IPv6 - Client IPv6 able to connect to IPv6 servers directly. No need of forward. 

ISP <
IPv4 - Client has only IPv6. If Client want to open/connect/communicate with an IPv4 server the packets go thru the ISP IPv4 server, then that server contacts the server which the client wants to connect. That server answers to the ISP IPv4 server and that ISP IPv4 gives the packets to the client (IPv4 Tunnel)… No way to forward beacuse it is ISP controlled.

I don’t know how to explain it :smiley:

If you haven’t already seen this, it may (or may not) help with your issue.

Unitymedia and your IPv6 Home-Server
http://neon-society-electronics.com/?p=37

And this link may also contain some information that may help including the use of an IPv6 to IPv4 mapper website.

Plex Media Server and Internet Connections with DS-Lite
http://bno-net.blogspot.com/2015/08/plex-media-server-and-internet.html

1. You need to sign up for a IPv6 to IPv4 port mapper service which maps a IPv4 Address with a port to your IPv6 Address with Port 32400. There are plenty of services out there two examples are myonlineportal.net (free) and feste-ip.net (paid). I personally use feste-ip.net.