After upgrade to 5.27.161 --> digiKam /MySQL access lost

Hi,
I did just recently migrate to MySQL on the NAS (WD MyCloud Ex2 Ultra).
It did run stable for about 1-2 weeks and afterwards the upgrade to 5.27.161 has been announced.

I did a separate backup before updating.
Now I get the mesage that the database access rights are missing.

“You do not have the necessary rights for the database.
You do not have the following rights: CREATE TABLE
Check your rights for the database and restart digiKam.”
(Translated from German)

When opening phpmyadmin I had the issue, that an error was indicated with blowfish passphrase, but I could enter the password via SSH.

Still no database access.

Anybody as well has issues with MySQL access actually?

Regards
Joerg

After restart, even a log in into MySQ is not possible.
Already 2 hours burned this morning.

docker in my case has stopped working , I left the automatic updates enabled :man_facepalming:

this is the third time I update it and lose all funtions, this is my last wd device for sure

I had a problem with a red light on HD1 which I know wasn’t the HDD (three different IronWolf Pros inc 2 which worked fine in HD2?) and that was sorted by a previous firmware update - in fact the NAS has been working fine for a few months now.

Three days after installing 5.27.161 the red light issue on HD1 has returned? I’ve rolled back to the previous firmware and will see what happens.

I was within a whisker of moving over to Synology in the summer :slight_smile:

after the firmware update also had the red light on disk - rebooted a few times - still there

I just put in a new ironwolf rebuilt the raid and now the red light is off - 6 hour raid re-build all is ok

The bad disk was reporting zero temperature in the test before I removed it.

( a firmware update is going to put more stress on a nas then just sitting in idle )

1 Like

I had a problem with a red light on HD1 which I know wasn’t the HDD (three different IronWolf Pros inc 2 which worked fine in HD2?) and that was sorted by a previous firmware update - in fact the NAS has been working fine for a few months now.

Three days after installing 5.27.161 the red light issue on HD1 has returned? I’ve rolled back to the previous firmware and will see what happens.

I went through all of this last summer inc sending reports to WD when they requested them. The HDDs are no more than 20% full. I originally thought it was an issue with the HDD so RMAd it to Seagate - they sent a replacement. But then the replacement showed a red light on HD1 so I swapped the HDDs over and yet again within a few days the light on HD1 came on.

So according to my NAS 3 Ironwolf Pros are faulty? but just when installed on HD1 :thinking:

A firmware update late summer seemed to have solved it and until the Jan update everything was fine. I’ve just rolled back to the Oct firmware update and so far (fingers crossed) no red light. I am now very wary of firmware updates - another user with a similar problem told me last summer he just ignores the red light now.

EDIT - A few days after rolling back to 5.26.300 and the NAS is still working OK