After April w10 upgrade my WDLIVETV is not reading subtitles files (srt)

Hi there,

Dont know why but since windows 10 i’m having problems using my WDLIVETV…

First the shared folders disapeared and weren’t recognized anymore on WDLIVETV… then i’ve found that with the new w10 april upgrade, you need to create a media workgroup then share your folders and add them to this media workgroup… now you can see your folders under WDLIVETV but not on VIDEO NETWORK SHARES as usual, they are on the VIDEO MEDIA SERVERS…

Second, now i can see everything again but when i play a movie the subtitutles file (srt) is not recognized and i cant have my subtitles working properly…

Any help on this please?

Many thanks,

Pedro Grilo

I haven’t had any issues at all playing files with subtitles on my media player. SRT subtitles are compatible with the device. Let’s see if someone else who has come across the same issue and has been able to find a solution will share it with us.

Hi,
I have the same problem with Network shares.
I asked help from Microsoft forum, but they answered that the problem is in my WDTV Live device support. After I uninstalled the Windows 10 update, the problem was soleved.
Now I tried it again, but there is the same.
Unfortunately, as I can see there aren’t any answers from WD, so I have to uninstall Windows update again :frowning: !

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=18360