Æonish Hub ReV2 [WDTV LIVE HUB]

@ Medic

You can just replace the Music picture with a normal picture…(no overlay required).

The overlay for that one is generated by the ‘Theme’

ie. when you are playing music, the ‘Music Sheet’ replaces that screen (picture) the ‘Theme’ provides the ‘Overlay’

The Music (Headphones) picture is named 

icon_logo4wmc_48x48.jpg

Which you can replace with the Music Picture of your Choice,

Do Not Replace

main_music_icon_n.png

2 Likes

Yep found it … thnx again Joey!  :smiley:

Good work for your mod is the best one for the moment with Firmware 3.01.19 for WDTVLiveHub… I 've begin to make little tweak, but i’m really confuse about some concept. Then i’ve decide to make an analyst of the situation before using thumbgen.

I will using Lstar movie sheet and Lstar TV sheet for displaying my thing.  For the moment AEonish was little buggy with 3.01.19 but it’s seem the best solution that I’ve test. (AEonish, DeVicious 1.8, JSMod and mojo). Then i’ve Put all Folder example of each theme and starting analyst.

1)Movie All → 9Slide + Split → Working Structure → From DeVicious/Movies (For thumb and backdrop)

2)Movie All → List+Preview → Working Structure → From JSMOD/Movie JPG & DeVicious/Movies (For thumb + backdrop)

3)Movie All → Description+Split → Working Structure → From Devicious (For thumb + backdrop + text + preview)

4)Movie All → 5 Slide+Preview ->Working Structure ->From Aeonis(Preview) From JSMOD JPG(backdrop) From     

JSMOD PNG (reset default background) From  Devicious (Thumb)

5)Moviel All->Wall 7x2 → Working Structure → From Devicious & JSMOD JPG

Attempt to rebuild structure

movie.jpg (cover)

movie.mkv (main movie)

movie.mkv_sheet.jpg (movie Sheet) not supported by aeonish

movie.xml (description)

folder.jpg (movie logo)

movie.mkv.tgmd (does neccessary)

Result

1. Conflict display two time movie.jpg (don’t take sheet in consideration for background) (can make split screen)

2. Conflict display… movie.jpg dont need to be show in background

3. Dont know the real effect but tree time movie.jpg (thumb, preview and backdrop)

4. Conflict displat… movie.jpg dont need to be show in background

5. Conflict display… backdrop have weird effect

I will try to fix it, but dunno how may time i’m gonna take it… but for the moment, i will ask you if you want shoot me all default background (your skin are totaly clean), because i will made a French pack for your skin… I already download menu in png mode… i work on french subtitle but need backgroud to merge it back… for setting menu (no transparency… then no need to have original)…  The package gonna be a rar (structured) with only menu image set.

Thanks

P.S. Keep going on your project, we appreciate… and sorry for typematch fault… i come from quebec…

other recomendation : 1) accuweather on main menu, in setting/about/text “for additionnal…” need to be lower for french version (like 10-15 pixel) and 3)Oh, with 3.01.19 firmware (trick png to jpg was not supported) but we can continue to cheat it :manlol:

Hi Joey, thanks again for your great theme!

My question is about the folder jpg. I have some movies inside folder:

Movies (folder)

300.mkv (movie)

2012.mkv (movie)

Harry Potter Collection (folder)

Harry Potter 1.mkv (movie)

and so on…

but I can’t get the folder image to show on the Harry Potter folder

I have tried to name the ‘Harry Potter Collection’ to ‘Harry Potter Collection.mkv’ so it shows Harry Potter Collection.xml - that works but still no image…

I have tried to reset the library - no luck…

Hope you understand… :flushed:

Thanks

@ Slayer66

MOVIES   ------ >   “Main Movies Folder”

300.mkv   – movie

300.jpg     – moviesheet (png renamed to jpg)

300.xml    – movie info

2012.mkv – movie

2012.jpg   –  moviesheet (png renamed to jpg)

2012.xml  – movie info

Harry Potter Collection.xml -------> "This is a Manually Edited XML … inside the XML must read Harry Potter Collection

Harry Potter Collection.avi -----> “This is a “Subfolder”  Renamed with a Video File Extension”

All of below is located in the “Subfolder”   named   Harry Potter Collection.avi

folder.jpg ------> "This is a True JPG Folder Image Created with Aeonish Folder Template… it is not a Moviesheet.

Harry Potter 1.mkv  – movie

Harry Potter 1.jpg    – moviesheet (png renamed to jpg)

Harry Potter 1.xml  – movie info

Harry Potter 2.mkv – movie

Harry Potter 2.jpg   – moviesheet (png renamed to jpg)

Harry Potter 2.xml  – movie info

Have a look at the “TV Demo Sample files and folders…”  as they Demonstrate the Use of Folders / Subfolders / Folder Jpgs / File (Png renamed to Jpgs)  / Folder Metadata Renaming Trick etc …

If you still have problems, let me know.

1 Like

Hi Joey,

thanks for your quick response…

…but that’s exactly the way I have the whole thing set up…

Everything works like a charm except my folder.jpg’s. But tonight I will try to make a new folder and follow your description to the letter and hope it helps…

But thank you so far :smiley:

Hello. I use this theme on the Live Hub with FW 2.07 installed. I generated the folders thumbnail with the use of Thumbgen and Aeonish Hub Folder Template. The thumbnails were generated as .jpg and renamed to .png. They display very clear and without pixelation. Hope this help.

@ TheCoolDude

“The thumbnails were generated as .jpg and renamed to .png  They display very clear and without pixelation.”

That the complete opposite of what ive been advising people.

In my tests, png pixelate worse than jpg. (Remember were talking about ‘Folder’ Images … not ‘File’ images.)

Out of curiosity, could you upload one of your ‘folder’ images, to confirm your above statement ?

Awesome theme! Great job!

Is it possible to get the total time of the movie from the file istelf rather then from TheMovieDB?

Also:

I think you should consider removing the plot from the thumbs otherwise this might happen.

picture →   http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/141/thumbok.png/

@mosbrika

Is it possible to get the total time of the movie from the file istelf rather then from TheMovieDB?

If you are refering to ‘Gallery View’ then no… that’s built into the Firmware.

The only instance of the “Total Time” displayed ‘On-the-fly’ is in the Video Playback screen. (Controlled via Firmware)

I think you should consider removing the plot from the thumbs otherwise this might happen.

picture ->  http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/141/thumbok.png/

Thats only happening because you dont have '" Aeon Main CE.ttf" font installed on your computer…

my forgots to include the link :dizzy_face:

http://hotfile.com/dl/112288537/d4a87b4/Fonts.rar.html

Will update Page(1) with the Link as well.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Room for about 35 characters… Your Big Bang Episode will fit at approx 26 characters

2 Likes

Regarding total time left… Isn’t that something you can get from thumbgen?

@mosbrika

Regarding total time left… Isn’t that something you can get from thumbgen?

Thumbgen is a Movie Sheet Creator… it creates Static Images… Not Dynamic ones. 

The Video Playback Screen (video_run.xml) is the Only Place where you will see “Time” Displayed “Dynamically”

And… it Only Displays the “Current Playing Progress Time” and the “Total Time”

It does Not Display “Remaining Time or Time Left”  

(All of this Behavior is Firmware Controlled)

does this theme work on the latest firmware 3.01? looks really nice and I would like to try it :smiley:

It “works” (term used loosely)    

But doesn’t Display Correctly. (term used definitely)

1 Like

do u mean because of the transparancy doesn’t display correctly?

WD are really helping us here, instead of increasing the number of services in the new firmware maybe they should give what customers really wants, but I guess they want to keep their mochi fugly theme thumbnails working, I just tried to get some content info today from the device and those covers looks so baaaaaaaaaaaad! We bought a hub to watch HD content people on it and what WD offers you just some **bleep** quality thumbnails that remind you of the days of VCD.

I’m not gonna try to hijack your topic Joey and turn it into a complain place but really those poeple who take the decisions on what it needs to be included in the firmware are just bunch of marketing guys! …RSS…yep it’s like i’m going to buy another device from u guys! I learned the lesson.

by the way if the transparancy was working before with other themes like mojo and yours on oldest firmwares, why it’s not working anymore?

thx

do u mean because of the transparancy doesn’t display correctly?

Transparancy doesent display at all !

“by the way if the transparancy was working before with other themes like mojo and yours on oldest firmwares, why it’s not working anymore?”

Thats the $20 Million dollar question.

Personally i have no idea, you would have to ask WD Engineers.

Upgraded again to Firmware 3.01.19 … to take some ‘Happy Snaps’

Pictures Link is at the very bottom of Page(1) … in BLACK

The funny thing is… they Broke support for .PNG Transparencies in all the Video Browse Views…

But they forgot to ‘Break’  metadata_view_info.xml    (press OPTION select VIEW INFO)

because .PNG Transparencies still work Perfect with that Screen. :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. Im back running 2.07.17 and enjoying a quiet drink :smiley:

1 Like

@JS

That is so funny :smileyvery-happy: that WD had actually FORGOT to BREAK png transparency in metadata view!!! It’s quite unbelievable and remains testament to such inadequate coding by WD.

I will however say in a more positive tone- WELL DONE WD for the screenshot capture feature! Just wish more attention was paid to the more IMPORTANT finer details of their FW code.

I’ve checked out the images posted on page 1 and please correct me if i’m wrong-

PNG Moviesheet folder- shows the PNG display correctly running FW 2.07.17

JPG Moviesheet folder- shows the result of PNG images (renamed to JPG) being displayed on FW 3.01.19??? …i’m not sure ?

@architectonic

PNG Moviesheet folder- shows the PNG Moviesheets not displaying at all!   running FW 3.01.19

Where you see the Grey Aeon Default Graphic… there should be a Moviesheet Showing.

JPG Moviesheet folder- i batch converted the PNG’s to JPG… which will display running FW 3.01.19

However, they dont display properly, the scale command is causing the Moviesheets to Pixelate.

The scale command is essential to the Theme… and works fine on FW 2.07.17

@JS DOH!!! Silly me.

How come the main moviesheet image in background seems ok (looking at posted image- maybe worse on tv) and the thumb is pixelated?  …hmmmm

And also- does this pixelation apply to ‘get content info’ thumbs generated by the built-in scraper when using Mochi theme-(surely not)???