Æonish Hub ReV2 [WDTV LIVE HUB]

@JS

Fully understand your reasoning for not having Games and Mobile Access within you original theme menu, thats why I (and no doubt others) appreciate your efforts even more by acknowledging other peoples requests.

Personally i don’t use games or mobile access either but was happy with running on FW 2.07

Thanks again joey and hope the weather gets better soon for yer!!

Hi there,

first of all, i love this theme! :slight_smile:

i have an old WD TV Live gen2 and thinking about getting the new WD TV Live gen3.

Does the Æonish Hub theme work on this device too? (Live gen3)

Yes, this theme works on the gen3 WDTV live Hub, but only on Firmware version 2.04 NOT the current firmware version 3.00. Please read Page 1 for further detailed information.

thanks for the fast reply, but i don’t mean the hub!

i mean the normal wd tv live 2011 für 99$.

here’s a pic of it:

LordKimbo already mentioned that some themes of the hub does work on the live, but what about the Æonish Hub theme?! :slight_smile:

@quinny

Sorry, i don’t know. I would assume the answer would be NO, but i’m not sure.

However I am sure someone else will no doubt confirm. 

it got the same webinterface functions and optical the same firmware. and it supports themes as well.

anybody who tested it already? =)

This theme works on the lower cost SMP.  That is what I have.  There are a couple minor issues that that I think the creator is working to resolve for the latest firmware of the HUB (as the issues may be the same on the SMP latest firmware).

I experiences movie sheets not being done correctly even when using the template for Thumbgen that was provided (and I think others with the HUB on latest firmware found that too).  And I found the homepage/main menu to not be in the correct order (i.e. when I have the current selection on FILES and to the right it says SETUP … I then hit the right arrow button on the remote but I don’t go to SETUP, I go to MUSIC).  So the sequencing was wrong for the SMP (or latest firmware … not sure which).

Once the author releases new update for HUB, I expect it will load on the SMP (like most of the other themes).

@lordkimbo
Correction. He isn’t patching for latest(3.0) he is patching for 2nd latest(2.07)

O-tay!  :slight_smile:

drizzt09 wrote:
@lordkimbo
Correction. He isn’t patching for latest(3.0) he is patching for 2nd latest(2.07)

Correction, that would be 3rd latest.

2.07, 2.08 then 3.00

@Tin

Ya Sorry, wiped 2.08 from my mind completely… that build was so bad… LOL

JoeySmyth wrote:

Few Storms and Blackouts today… didnt get as much done as i hoped.

But i did finish the Home Screen and Setup Screen for FW 2.07.17.

(Games and Mobile Access are now displayed… two things i ironically never use, or would want to.)

Couple of Digital Camera TV pics of todays ‘session’

As well as changing and cleaning up the code and graphics, making minor alterations. (none of this affects the Moviesheets. Im not touching the Moviesheets.)

Played witht he Mobile access with current theme on 2.07 and now I see where the flaw is and why you need ot  make that adjustment. “Mobile Access” comes up instead of “ABOUT”. And “About” is a hidden menu. 

Are you also going to fix that Settings image [Right screenshot] as the menu bar image is @.04 style in the image and on the TV in the background.

Yes the Home Screen Bar in the right picture will be updated to mirror 2.07.17

Realised i hadnt done it as soon as i took the pictures, figured ‘oh well’ it’ll take about 2 seconds to fix.

Didnt feel like fixing it at the time, cus it was past my bedtime :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Status, done.

Edit No.2: Originally the Background Pictures were to change for each catagory as you scroll through the list.

I did get it working, but it was too slow.

In the last few days since reworking how the setup screen works (cleaner code and replaced graphics) i decided to have another look into the feature.

Thankfully i was able to implement a Backdrop for catagory with very little, or no slowdown at all.

Now i have to choose the pictures to be used. (these pictures can be user customised as well).

1 Like

And would patching to 3.0 be a possibility as well?

I ask this because I too am on the new WD TV Live SMP and would appreciate the extra compatibility/pollish.

Anyways, awesome work!

Sorry, doublepost :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s ok, here’s a double answer…

100%  Zero chance of porting this to Firmware 3.0 … because it’s a broken Firmware (for Themeing)

100% No support for WDTV Live Streaming… i dont own one, i dont need one & i dont want one. (sorry for being honest)

100%  Zero chance of porting this to Firmware 3.0 … because it’s a broken Firmware (for Themeing)

100% No support for WDTV Live Streaming… i dont own one, i dont need one & i dont want one. (sorry for being honest)

Finally got the ‘Changing Mini Backdrops’ for the Setup Screen working nicely.

It will be be included the next ‘Tweak’ update of Aeonish Hub (for FW2.04.13 & 2.07.17)

2 Likes

Thank you for your honest reply.

I wasn’t implying you had to support the Live Streaming. I simply meant that since both the Hub and Live Streaming have very similar code bases and the latest FW version for each seems to have the same features/limitations (as far as themeing goes) if your theme worked on the Hub than we Live owners could have the same on our end with only minimal glitches.

Is 3.0 “broken” due to the whole PNG-not-supported thing? Was this a deliberate change in the FW on WD’s part?

Again, do keep up the great work.

Is there any option to donate fto you?

Looking good Joey!

Bello !     cant wait