Adding files to a backup drive

I’ve acquired a WD MyPassport 1 TB external drive (a USB plug-in which appears as SYSTEM RESERVED G: and H:). I have a Windows-7 64 bit machine which is also equipped with a 1 TB WD internal drive (C:). Using Acronis True Image, WD version, I was able to clone the W-7 64 internal drive (C:) to the MyPassport USB drive. Question: Neither drive was even close to being full, there’s still more than ½ TB not in use. Can I copy additional files from another machine onto the external USB drive without messing anything up should it ever become necessary to restore the internal drive on the W-7 64 bit machine? Does anybody know? Thanks.

just catching up to some forum items… my guess is that you are not asking about multiple WD Backup software, but in having the ability to copy/paste files from another machine onto this partially filled external device, and not using a Backup software.

• since you have to use a USB splitter to bridge between two PC’s (unless you safe eject and re-mount), I can see no reason to not be able to set up a independent folder and copy/past or drag/drop files from that PC onto a device used by a second PC. I have a Passport device that runs my Passport Backup…I also hand copy/paste or use URL links to download movies to it from the Internet. I have also hand copied critical files individually into a folder, even if they are also part of a backup schedule.