Added usb portable drive - not showing correct capacity

Hi guys

I have attached a portable usb 1tb drive using the usb port, it is formatted ntfs but the capacity is only showing like 32 kb instead of 1 tb, I tried another 1tb drive and that is only showing 51gb but it is 1 tb, anybody know what the issue is?

Thanks

you might try ejecting drive

use the Up triangle to eject but first use the right point triangle to read the disk information

this is at the top of the login screen under the networking icon

and it is possible there are other partitions on the drive you may need to look with a PC under disk management app

I too use ntfs but exfat might be ok too.

I’ve done that, I tried two drives, they show correctly the capacity plugged into my pc but incorrectly when plugged in the wd drive

MyCloud EX2 does not list ExFat as supported.

Stick with NTFS which has Read/Write support.

https://www.westerndigital.com/en-au/tools/documentRequestHandler?docPath=/content/dam/doc-library/en_us/assets/public/wd/product/nas/my_cloud/ex2_ultra/user-manual-my-cloud-expert-series-ex2-ultra.pdf

My issue is the full
Capacity of the drive is not showing!

I still would check with a windows disk management app in windows to see the disk partition lay out
or reformat the external disk

it may have come with several partitions

you may even need a third party program to reformat to clear
( Ihave use my mac diskutil to clear then reformat on the PC

I have used fat formatting ( on the external backup disk) in the past to be read/write on mac systems so I can recover when old WD nas units fail–

The WD software on mounting the external drive may be trying to use some old boot partition on the disk - so try to wipe and format it again