Acronis with Windows 8?

Considering buying a WD10EZEX for a new primary (boot) drive, and relying on the WD version of Acronis to clone the old drive and make the new drive bootable.  But the support page for WD Acronis doesn’t include Windows 8 among the supported versions.  Does it currently work with Windows 8?

Acronis True Image WD Edition is not officially supported on Windows 8 currently.

i think that is an older version of acronis… so it doesnt support windows 8
you will need the new version 2013…
i still couldnt boot with a backup using 2013 so be carefull

Thanks all. Unfortunately this just makes my confusion total.

I’ve exchanged 3 messages on this with WD support, without getting a clear yes-or-no answer.  I don’t think the support person’s English is up to the task.  

I asked this question on Amazon.com, and a user said yes, he’d done it on Windows 8, it worked.

Now I have a ‘staff’ person here saying Windows 8 isn’t ‘officially supported’ - which doesn’t exactly answer the question; and another person saying that even if I buy a full version of Acronis, that won’t work either.

I just ordered the drive from Amazon, I think maybe I should cancel the order and forget the whole thing.

But thanks for the replies.  

jimh12345 wrote:

Thanks all. Unfortunately this just makes my confusion total.

I’ve exchanged 3 messages on this with WD support, without getting a clear yes-or-no answer.  I don’t think the support person’s English is up to the task.  

I asked this question on Amazon.com, and a user said yes, he’d done it on Windows 8, it worked.

Now I have a ‘staff’ person here saying Windows 8 isn’t ‘officially supported’ - which doesn’t exactly answer the question; and another person saying that even if I buy a full version of Acronis, that won’t work either.

I just ordered the drive from Amazon, I think maybe I should cancel the order and forget the whole thing.

But thanks for the replies.  

It could be a matter of trial and error in this case.

Not officially supported means that WD has still not given the go ahead in the product’s website so users can consider using this application on Windows 8.

Windows 8 was released 9 months ago.  

Just sayin’.