Acronis WD Installation with Acronis True Image Installed

This is just describing my observations from installing Acronis WD Edition and is not intended to be a gripe.

Having bought an Elements drive, the Acronis Installation procedure accepted the device which was good. Then, it said I had to de-install my current version of Acronis True Image 2018. I did this and successfully installed Acronis WD Edition. Most of the functions that had been available to me in Acronis TI 2018 were disabled, I was not surprised by this although it would have been useful for me to be able to use my Acronis registration to enable theses functions. Since Acronis TI 2018 is of more use to me and I am paying for the license, I deleted Acronis WD Edition and re-installed Acronis TI 2018.

Before buying an external drive or hoping to use an existing one, please check the supported devices for any of the functions you wish to use, i.e. My Cloud Home USB, WD Direct, Acronis WD Edition. They all have their own list of supported devices which are inconsistent with each other. Searching the Knowledge Base with “usb devices” (grandmother and eggs come to mind!) should provide most of the links to the various WD products.

1 Like

Hi gezzathorpe,

Thank you for sharing your observations. Unfortunately, WD Elements doesn’t support Acronis True Image WD Edition Software.